NMU Online Application For The 2023 Education Season: Nelson Mandela University has opened the NMU Online Application 2023. Prospective applicants seeking study admission at Nelson Mandela University can begin the application process.
Do you want to study at Nelson Mandela University? Are you trying to apply for admission at NMU online? Well then, you’re on the right page.
In this article, we’re taking you through the Nelson Mandela University online application process to help you apply successfully for admission at NMU.
Again, we’ll discuss Nelson Mandela University admission requirements, NMU application 2023 opening date, NMU application 2023 closing date.
Most importantly, we’ll show you the guide on how to apply to Nelson Mandela University online.
Moreover, we’ll look at some of the frequently asked questions about the Nelson Mandela University application.
Nelson Mandela University, NMU Online Application 2023
The Admission Board of Nelson Mandela University has opened the NMU online application 2023 for study admission for the 2023 academic year.
Prospective applicants who want to get admission to study for diplomas, degrees, P.h.D, etc qualifications at Nelson Mandela University can apply now.
Nelson Mandela University, NMU Online Application 2023 Opening Date
The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) online application for 2023 will open from 3 May 2022. Prospective applicants wanting to apply can begin to apply from the application opening date.
Again, you cannot submit your application for admission at NMU before applications are opened.
Nelson Mandela University, NMU Online Application 2023 Closing Date
The Nelson Mandela University application for the 2023 academic year closes on 30 September 2022. Prospective applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible before the deadline.
Again, applicants cannot submit their applications to the NMU application and admission board online after applications close.
|NMU Application 2023 Opening Date||NMU Application 2023 Closing Date|
|3 May 2022||30 September 2022|
NMU Online Application Requirements
Prospective applicants are required to meet all the Nelson Mandela University application requirements in order to complete their application successfully and get admission space at NMU.
NMU Application Requirements For South African Citzens
- Below are the application requirements for South African citizens applying to Nelson Mandela University for study admission.
- Certified copy of final Grade 11 or Grade 12 exam results
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12
- Certified copy of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic records if you have studied elsewhere
- Certified copy of your Identification Document (ID) or birth certificate (if you’re still waiting for ID)
- Cell phone number
- Email address
NMU Application Requirements For International Students
- Your home country passport number
- Copy of your school’s qualification
- A valid study Visa
- South African medical aid cover
- English proficiency
How To Apply To Nelson Mandela University, NMU Online
Follow the below application process to apply successfully at NMU online to get admission to study at Nelson Mandela University.
- Go to https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/
- Create your NMU student account and login
- Click on “Apply Online Now”
- Complete the application by providing all the required information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Pay your application fee (applicable to only international students)
- Click Submit
Prospective students who wish to study at Nelson Mandela University in 2023 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification using our online application system. Apply online now!
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) has opened their applications for the 2023 academic year. Apply now!
NMU is today a sought-after educational destination and the most diverse university in South Africa. NMU brings together practical and higher education, as students can study towards diplomas and degrees up to and including doctoral level, and a number of courses include workplace experience as part of the curriculum.
How to apply
Decided what you want to study? Meet the requirements? Right, now you can apply. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety which can be found here
If you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
2023 Application Closing Dates
- 31 May 2022 for MBChB applicants with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2022.
- 30 June 2022 for Bachelor of Radiography (Diagnostic) applications.
- 4 August 2022 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for international student applications (excluding MBChB)
- 30 September 2022 International student applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
Nelson Mandela University has more than 500 study programmes in seven excellent faculties that help their students achieve academic excellence. They are well-known for art and design, building, chartered accounting, engineering, health and environmental sciences, and information technology.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering, The Built Environment and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Bird Street Campus
- George Campus
- Missionvale Campus
- North Campus
- Second Avenue Campus
- South Campus
- Ocean Sciences Campus
Before registering as a student, you need to determine whether you will have sufficient funds to finance your studies. Make sure that you know how you are going to pay for your studies at NMU. There are many options available to you, here are some of them.
Figuring out how you’re going to pay for your studies and further lay the foundation of your future is very important. Don’t let the stress get to you and rather have the energy to find a solution. Here are some options for funding if you are wanting to study at Nelson Mandela University (NMU).
Nelson Mandela University offers financial assistance to full-time students in the form of bursaries, merit awards, Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships and study loans. Then you get external bursaries and loans and financial support as well.
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship Programme: Recognises and rewards high achievers among Grade 12 learners in the South African schooling system. Reward those who have excelled with a scholarship to pursue their initial undergraduate diploma or degree qualification at NMU.
Sport Bursaries: The Nelson Mandela University Sport Bureau offers sport bursaries of varying amounts to those who have demonstrated the ability to play sport at a high level of competition. Application forms are available from their office. E-mail: [email protected] or phone (041) 504 2496. The closing date for applications is before the end of October each year.
- Scholar Merit and Student Merit awards: Awarded to top academic achievers annually, and no application is required.
- MQA Bursary: The Mining Qualifications Authority offers a bursary to financially needy and deserving South African Citizens, who are not older than thirty-five (35) years of age. Only applications to study MQA approved disciplines (qualifications) will be considered. For more information, click here.
- DHET Bursary Scheme: This is a financial aid programme that provides fully-subsidised funding for poor and working class students at public universities. Applicants must have a combined gross family income of up to R350,000 per annum.
- ISFAP Funding: The Ikusasa Student Financial Aid Programme (ISFAP) is a government initiative to provide financial assistance to very poor, poor and “missing middle” students. Read our article on ISFAP here.
ISFAP only funds the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Mechatronics
Department of Labour Bursaries: Students with disabilities qualify for (apart from any other bursaries) for bursaries from the Department of Labour and are required to apply directly at the Department for these bursaries.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme: Bursaries are available to enable eligible students to complete a teaching qualification in an area of national priority. Read more on the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme here.
NSFAS: NSFAS offers fully subsidized free higher education and training for poor and working class South Africans where there is up to R350,000 household income per year. This bursary includes tuition fees, learning materials allowances, transport allowances and living allowances. More information can be found here.
Fundi: Fundi offers students loans to fund their studies. Visit their website here for more information.
Feenix: This is a student programme that uses the process of fundraising in order to help students fund their studies. Read our article on Feenix here.
Banks: Many South African banks offer loans for students looking to fund their studies. Read our article to find out which banks offer student loans.
For further financial assistance, go visit the Financial Aid office at your campus.
For funding separate from your university and their Financial Aid office, you can visit the Bursaries Portal to see which bursaries are available to you as a student.
Final acceptance is dependent on your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
The Nelson Mandela University offers a range of accommodation options to students in need of accommodation. These residences offer services and facilities in the hopes of making life comfortable and convenient for students.
Once you’ve submitted your Nelson Mandela University (NMU) application, you will then need to figure out where you’re going to stay if you plan to study away from home.
Here are the student accommodation options available to you as an NMU student.
South Campus Residences
Each residence is divided into flats which house 17 students, and students have 24-hour security. All students are able to make use of the laundry service in their rest, the service is free of charge. There is a large lounge in each residence where students can watch television. All students can eat meals together in the dining hall and can make use of the tuckshop if they need basic necessities.
- Sarah Baartman Junior Female Residence – Catering residence, each flat has 2 bathrooms, disability friendly rooms, study Centre, computer lab
- Claude Qavane Junior Male Residence – Catering residence
- Lilian Ngoyi Senior Female Residence
- Solomon Mahlangu Senior Male Residence – self-catering kitchens
- Post Graduate Student Village Mixed Residence – self-catering residence, only open to Masters and Doctoral students
- Guest Quarters Female Residence
North Campus Residences
Charlotte Maxeke Junior Female Residence – Laundry rooms, Wi-Fi, single & double rooms, cafeteria, social rooms, study centre, DSTV
Hector Pieterson Junior Male Residence – Catering residence, disability friendly rooms, swimming pool, Wi-Fi, student TV lounge,
Indwe Senior Female Residence – Swimming pool, tv lounge, Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, parking available for residents, laundry room, computer labs
- Ikamva Senior Male Residence
- Sol Plaatjie Senior Mixed Residence
2nd Avenue Campus Residences
This residence provides separate housing for first year men and women, the students mainly reside in double rooms and share bathrooms. The res can accommodate 112 women and 59 men. The residence has limited self-catering facilities.
- Yolanda Guma Junior Female Residence – Computer lab, washing machines, DSTV, Wi-Fi
- Yolanda Guma Junior Male Residence – Computer lab, washing machines, DSTV, Wi-Fi
Off-campus accommodation is available to students who are not able to secure a place in the campus residence system.
DigsConnect is also a good avenue for students to take when they are searching for accommodation. They make finding accommodation easier for students as their website is tailored for students. Read our article on DigsConnect here to get more information.
There are also always options such as Gumtree, Junkmail ads, property websites and Facebook where advertisements for property can be found.
- SJUT OAS- St john University Of Tanzania Online Application Complete Guide
- KIST Online Application- KIST Online Admission System
- DIT Online Application 2021/2022 – DIT SAS
- Sua Online Application 2021/2022- SUA admission
- Ifm Online Application System- IFM OAS 2021/2022
- University of Limpopo Online Application 2022
- Bank Grow Account At Bidvest Bank Online Application : bidvestbank.co.za
- NSFAS online application 2022
- OLAMS Login- Heslb Online Application 2022/23