South Carolina driver’s license Application Form
Obtaining a driver’s license is one of the most important things you have to do after you reach your driving age or move to a country for a long stay. Not only does it allow you to drive legally within a certain country, it also serves as the main form of identification in some countries. Driving is a very important part of life. Even teens drive to school because they can get a driver’s license at the age of 15. Here we’ll share South Carolina driver’s license Application Form that will help you to start your journey of getting your driver’s license
You can use the South Carolina Driver’s License Application Form to apply for a driver’s license, permit, or ID card with SCDMV. This form can also be used for renewal, transcription and correction requests.
Which Documents Required With South Carolina driver’s license Application Form
Below are some of the documents that will be required to be submitted with Driver licence application form
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Two proof of address
- Insurance information
- Application for a Beginner’s Permit, Driver’s License, or Identification Card (SCDMV Form 447-NC)
- All eight-year licenses have a $25 fee.
If you are under the age of 17, there are special requirements that you must meet in order to apply for a conditional provisional or special restricted driver’s license. You need to do the following:
- Have an individual listed on the Consent for Minor (SCDMV Form 447-CM) sign your application.
- Practice driving with a licensed individual listed on the Consent for Minor (SCDMV Form 447-CM) for at least 40 hours, including 10 hours during darkness.
- Complete a driver’s education course.
- Hold a beginner’s permit for at least 180 days.
- Be currently enrolled in school.
- Conform to SC attendance laws and regulations.
- Not be suspended or expelled from school
Where to file the South Carolina Driver License Application?
After filling out the form, please make sure all the above information is correct before sending it to the following address.
- DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
- 10311 WILSON BOULEVARD BUILDING C
- BLYTHEWOOD, SOUTH CAROLINA 29016
Before you go to the DMV office, you need to be familiar with the South Carolina driver’s license manual. It can be found on the forms and manual pages of the SC DMV website. Or use the direct link below