Netflix Scholarship 2022 For South African
The entertainment industry is an important part of every nation. This industry has the potential to reach out to a large audience and make a powerful impact through its platform. The participation of the young population can lead to the generation of new ideas and take the nation towards a better prospect.
To help the students to continue their studies in the field of the entertainment industry, Netflix offers a scholarship program. This scholarship aims to lend a helping hand to deserving students.
About Netflix & Tshikulutu
In today’s age of online entertainment. Netflix needs no introduction. Netflix is one of the popular entertainment platforms with more than 209 million subscribers spread across 190 countries. Netflix is a source of entertainment where the audience can access TV shows, movies, documentaries, etc., in many languages and genres. He gives the viewer the freedom to watch his favorite program at his own time.
In 2021, Netflix expanded its support to represent the black community in the entertainment industry. for this purpose. Netflix offers scholarships to students interested in the film, television or audio-visual sectors.
Tshikululu Social investment is one of the leading investment fund advisories in South Africa. It works in close collaboration with investors and helps them to attain their social impact goals. Tshikululu Social Investment offers holistic and complete fund management services to channel the investment towards social benefit.
They have been in business for more than two decades now and have worked in rural and urban areas with investors from various fields to improve lives.
About Netflix Scholarship Program
Netflix and Tshikululu Investments have teamed up to offer postgraduate scholarships to South African students. This scholarship is granted for a period of one year to pursue qualifications related to television, or audio-visual-related qualifications.
The Netflix Scholarship Program is part of the “Black Creatives Empowerment Fund”. This program contains funds of R$ 5.5 million that are being used to increase the participation of the black population in the South African television industry.
This fund is distributed by way of granting bursaries, waiving off student debt, or making a donation to the Independent Black Filmmakers Association.
The scholarship is granted towards all the expenses related to the study. Students are required to pursue their qualifications from the institutions specified below.
One should also note that they will be required to go through an initial screening and vetting process. Only after this process, students will be selected and the final decision will rest with the Selection Committee.
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- Boston Media House
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Witwatersrand
- Durban University of Technology
- AACA Film and Acting University
Netflix Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility requirements that the applicant must meet if they wish to qualify for the scholarship. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements can result in a student’s application being disqualified.
- One must be a black student as defined by the B-BBEE code of conduct
- One must have completed Matric
- Students must be pursuing a postgraduate qualification in fields related to Television, Film, or audio¬visual.
- Only South African citizens can apply
- One must score a minimum of 60% in their undergraduate studies.
- Students must have completed their undergraduate study between 2019 and 2021
- Only self-funded students can apply. Those receiving other grants will not be considered.
How to apply Netflix Scholarship 2022 ?
Applications for this scholarship program can be submitted online through the Netflix application form. Students must also attach copies of the following documents to complete their application.
Certified ID document
- Current undergraduates should submit the latest and full academic record
- Students who have completed their undergraduate should submit official transcripts of their results
- Proof of application/registration at one of the partner institutions mentioned above
- Students are required to submit 3 essays:
- Essay 1: Details about yourself, family, and background in 500 words
- Essay 2: Explain why you have taken up this field of study and how your qualification will help your career goals
- Essay 3: Convince the selectors why you deserve this scholarship
If any of the documents are not submitted, then the application may be rejected by the organization.
Closing Date for Netflix Scholarship 2022
The last date of application is 31 October 2021
Students can contact the Tshikululu Social Investment on the following:
Please do NOT contact Netflix/Tshikululu Social investment if this bursary has already closed.