Finance Manager Job Vacancies At Jambo For Development (JFD)
Jambo For Development (JFD) works with schools, children, parents, institutions, and local and central government officials to further its mission to use innovative life skills games, creative sports, and games to empower children and youth in Kagera Region, Tanzania. Apart from efforts to improve education outcomes, JFD also aim to address gender equality and health issues by raising awareness on HIV/AIDS and the use of clean water, and good sanitation. JFD programs focus on improving existing infrastructure, training teachers, and organizing sports competitions for children.
About Finance Manager Job
The Finance Manager position is crucial to the success of Jambo For Development integrated services. The position requires a high degree of integrity, professionalism, flexibility, and perseverance, as well as the ability to anticipate, identify and resolve accounting and management problems. We are looking for highly professional, enthusiastic, and energetic Finance Manager to support the ongoing activities of Jambo For Development.
The primary role of the job is to oversee activities within the finance and accounting department, drive financial planning of the organisation by analysing its performance and risks, retain constant awareness of the organization’s financial position, enhance financial control systems, periodic financial/management reporting and to manage the finance and accounting team
Under the overall guidance of Jambo For Development board and direct supervision by the executive director, the Finance Manager will be responsible for high quality and timely financial inputs and outputs to ensure the success of the objectives of Jambo For Development and our partners.
- Place of Work/Location : Kagera, Tanzania
- Application Deadline : 24.07.2022
- Languages Required: English & Kiswahili
- Starting Date: 16.09. 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Finance Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Directing and managing all the transaction processing of the finance and accounting department
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and standard operating processes (SOPs)
- Preparation of project financial reports, JFD has multiple partners funding multiple projects thus the finance manager is expected to deliver timely financial reports to our partners.
- Preparing timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, and cash-flow management reports
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts.
- Liaising with internal auditor, external auditors, regulators and other third parties
- Managing and implementing internal audit findings
- Enhancing internal control systems within the organization
- Overseeing monthly VAT/ withholding tax returns and reconciliations
- Providing recommendations on how to improve the organization finance and accounting systems.
- In collaboration with the Project Managers, develop project projections, budget variance analyses, and financial risk management strategies and reports.
- Produce cash forecasts and monthly cash requests for our partners in Germany
- Ensure that monthly financial reports are submitted to partners by the given deadline
- Maintain an adequate voucher filing system to support/guarantee the sponsor reporting requirements in Germany and Tanzania.
- Following the accounting instructions of our partners in Munich for a 1:1 adaptation of the TZ figures/results for the German accounting system
- Ensure that procurement, time reporting, travel and financial policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff.
- Any other duties that the job holder may be allocated from time to time. Controlling:
- Project controlling: Cost estimates for Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and sponsor budgets available vs. actual YtD cost and check the required updates on a weekly basis with the JFD team for our “project sponsor overview or so-called bible”
- Balance control of all bank accounts and petty cash on a monthly basis.
- To supply monthly/yearly figures for the German financial reporting and explain differences.
- Prepare figures and details for the Jambo for Development annual report
- Take responsibility. Discretion combined with 100% honesty and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the JFD values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Jambo For Development.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Be a good ambassador of Jambo For Development in sports, gender issues, HIV/AIDS awareness, and education
- Organization and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders to facilitate the provision of maximum support
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a finance role, 2 of which must be at a senior management level
- Qualified accountant preferably CPA and registered with NBAA
- IPSAS experience is preferred of similar system
- Sound knowledge of organisation finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Sound knowledge of TRA and tax matters, as well as staying abreast of all relevant regulations
- Good understanding of budgeting, financial analysis, and forecasting
- Financial planning and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, online quick book, and accounting systems
- Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for Finance Manager Job Vacancies At Jambo For Development (JFD) in English using your CV (including education, internships, working experiences and employments) and covering letter (as a motivational letter why you are interested in this position and Jambo For Development) as a single document. Also include actual and expected annual gross compensation for this position and references from former working experiences.
Please send your application to [email protected]