Tiger Brand Bursary 2021/2022
Tiger Brands Limited was founded in 1921 by Jacob Frankl (and partly Jovi Marks) as a family business. Formerly known as Tiger Oats Limited, today it is the largest food company in South Africa and also has interest in food companies across Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Cameroon and Chile.
The company’s first product was its ‘Jungle oats’ brand, an oatmeal breakfast treat. The brand still produces Jungle oats. The company currently has a workforce of more than 20,000 employees and many well-known products, including baby products; personal care products; home care products; bakery products; Snacks. fruit and vegetable products; Rice products, pasta and more.
About Tiger Brand Bursary 2021/2022
Tiger Brands invites students to apply for the graduate bursary programme for the academic year 2022. Bursaries will be awarded to students who are pursuing their studies in the following areas:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Marketing (BCom)
In addition to the monthly allowance, the comprehensive bursary covers the full tuition fee, registration fee, examination fee, prescribed books, and other expenses.
Successful candidates will be informed of the payment process and requirements to be met. Tiger Brands will conduct interviews for due diligence purposes. There is a limited amount of bursaries that will be awarded, and meeting the minimum criteria does not mean that you will automatically receive funding.
What Are The Requirements For Tiger Brand Bursary 2021/2022
Applicants must meet the following minimum admission criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all requirements will result in your application not being considered):
- You must be South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must currently be in your 1st year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd year of study in 2022 (the year which you are applying for funding for)
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised tertiary institution (for at least 6 months at the time of application)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in semester 1 of tertiary studies
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must show strong academic potential in pure Mathematics, Science and Accounting
How to apply For Tiger Brand Bursary 2021/2022
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documents (submission of these documents is mandatory – in the absence of any items, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts/ record for 1st semester in 1st year of study (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
Note: There is no application form to be completed for this scholarship application – students only need to submit the documents listed above to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Tiger Brands Graduate Bursary Application” in the email subject line).