Technical Officer Job Opportunity at EGPAF Tanzania 2022
The Technical Officer TB services (TO-TB) is a highly committed, self-motivated and result oriented individual. S/he will coordinate and supervise implementation of TB and TB/HIV services within the region, towards effective and sustainable implementation.
- Job title: Technical Officer – TB Services
- Primary manager: Senior Strategic Results Manager
- Job Grade: 5
- Location: Arusha.
- S/he will provide regional level technical assistance, mentorship and supervision of the supported TB and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities across the supported councils and facilities.
- S/he will be part of the Regional Acceleration Strategy team and will ensure an effective collaboration with various technical officers, while providing guidance and technical assistance to RTLCs and DTLCs in line with the government of Tanzania (NTLP) guidelines.
- The TO-TB will lead on documentation and sharing of best practices in TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in their respective regions. The TO-TB will report to the Senior Strategic Results Manager – RAS, with a dotted reporting line for technical oversight to the Senior Technical Advisor TB Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and coordinating TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in the region and councils including planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, and reporting
- Build capacity of HCPs to improve TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment
- Support councils to strengthen hub-and-spokes model for TB diagnostics, supporting utilization of GeneXpert and LED microscopy
- Support facilities to establish client-centered service delivery models, including community contact tracing
- Support facilities to enhance pediatric TB case finding and treatment.
- Support provision of quality TB screening and TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) services
- Supporting councils to implement quality MDR -TB services
- Degree or advanced diploma in medicine, nursing, or related field with relevant national registration
- A Master’s degree in public health or a related field is an added advantage
- Experience of working with regional and council health management teams (RHMTs &CHMTs)
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 3 years of experience in implementation and management of TB and TB/HIV services
- Ability to write reports, best practices, and lessons learned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the internet
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
How To Apply Technical Officer Job Opportunity at EGPAF Tanzania 2022
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF. Interested candidates should submit their applications via the below links, Physical or Postal Applications will not be accepted.
- Closing Date: 5th June 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.