System Administrator Job Opportunity At CRDB Bank
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa.
The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
- Job Title: System Administrator Servers & Storage
- Contract: 1 Year contract
- Reporting line- Manager; Servers & Storage
Responsible for smooth day-to-day operations of all servers, storage and Systems by being the subject matter expert and driving the evolution of technologies including but not limited to server hardware, virtualization, containerization, Data protection, and operating systems and all these should be within ICT pillars that is high availability, security, high scalability, high performance and in a cost-effective manner.
- Perform daily operation activities/support for Server, Storage, virtualization, operating systems, and other relating systems.
- Analyse metrics to identify harmful trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Create and maintain backup infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and third-party tools on Linux and Windows environments.
- Make sure automated backup is performed as required including tape management.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies and redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers or system owners to implement those fixes.
- Develop and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as monitoring with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Ensure all replication infrastructure between production and disaster recovery is in good working conditions.
- Perform server provision based on security baseline and system requirement
- Provide daily health checks for server and storage infrastructure.
- Monitor utilization trends of various resources in server and storage areas and proactively initiate resource increase if required to address capacity or performance issues.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Server & Storage Systems support.
- Must have at least 2 certifications in Server & Storage area, which will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Server Technologies and Storage Arrays.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Working knowledge of LINUX and Windows Servers operating systems.
- Good understanding of the various backup solutions