Store Keeper Job Vacancy At Maternity Africa
- Position: Store Keeper
- Reference: MA/SK/KAS/10/06/22
- Organization: Maternity Africa
- Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. We are looking for an organized, experienced store keeper to be responsible for all stock management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and forward all types of goods and deliveries in and out of the hospital to the correct point of storage area.
- Follow all standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports are comprehensive.
- Monitor Periodic Automatic Replacement levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Responsible for storage of both food and operational stock.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all purchase requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by CD depending upon the hospital’s operations procedure.
- Ensure that store’s documents like GRN’s and GIN’s forms are signed by the respective person while Delivering and collecting the goods and enter into the store ledger.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
- Conduct inventory counts to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a Certificate in Store Keeping/Management
- A minimum of 3 years’ proved professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office ie Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Must be organized.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]. Application should be sent by 26th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!