Sifa Za Kupata Mkopo Wa Elimu Ya Juu HESLB Zanzibar & Tanzania mainland | Eligibility for higher education student loan in Tanzania: Education loans, commonly known as student loans, are advances given by government, banks or financial institutions to students to assist them pay for their higher education costs. Often those who are bright and qualified will receive funds through these avenues- having money available that they can use towards paying off school expenses.
Check Also >> HESLB Online Loan Application 2022/2023 Complete Guide
Sifa Za Kupata Mkopo Wa Elimu Ya Juu HESLB
In Tanzania, form six graduated who eligible to be enrolled into universities can apply the higher education load which is provided by Higher Education Students’ Loans Board. Not everyone, however, is eligible for a student loan provided by HESLB. Higher Education Students’ Loans Board set various standards for applicants to complete before lending money. Here we’ll take you trough all you need to know about Eligibility for higher education student loan in Tanzania (Sifa Za Kupata Mkopo Wa Elimu Ya Juu HESLB) along with the link to other HESLB related articles.
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
What are the Eligibility for higher education student loan in Tanzania?
The HESLB Act and regulations outline general eligibility requirements for loan applicants. Applicants who are NEEDY and Eligible may apply for loans and/or grants to cover all or a portion of their educational expenses.
Check Also >> HESLB Loan Application Date 2022/23 UPDATES
Sifa Za Kupata Mkopo Wa Elimu Ya Juu
General criteria require the loan applicant to meet the conditions the following: –
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania
- You must have applied for a loan through the Loan Application System (OLAMS);
- Unless a student is eligible to enroll in the Open University of Tanzania, he or she must have been accepted into a full-time program at a recognized higher education school.
Check Also >> Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Vyuo Mbalimbali Tanzania 2022
- He/she must not have any other sponsor for his undergraduate studies;
- For undergraduate applicants, he must not be a government or private sector employee
- An undergraduate student applying for a loan with results / results slip showing the achievement of his studies to enable him to continue his studies for a year following or going to another stage of studies;
- For the beneficiary student who wants to apply again for a loan after college/college termination, it needs to be repaid
At least 25 percent of the money he spent before he applied for a new loan. 25% repay the original loan is not
Important Things To Consider When Applying For A Loan
- Make sure you sign a loan application form
- Make sure your referrer has signed your form in his or her area
- Make sure your form is signed and stamped by your Local Government or Village
- Make sure your form is signed by a lawyer or magistrate to confirm your information and that of your sponsor
Documents Required when Applying For A higher education student Loan
- Applicant’s birth certificate certified by RITA / ZCSRA
- Death certificate if you have lost a parent certified by RITA / ZCSRA
- Sponsor ID (NIDA, Voter, Driver’s License or Passport). You can use one of these tags
- Correctly completed funding form if it was funded in high school
- Letter from the District or Regional Chief Physician if the applicant or his or her parent has a disability vii.
- Photos (passport size) of the loan applicant and his or her sponsor (the sponsor may be a parent or guardian)