Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha Udsm
Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha Udsm | Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Kikuu Cha Dar Es Salaam
General Minimum Entrance Requirements
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first-degree programme of the University of Dar es Salaam if the candidate has one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent;
- Two principal level passes in appropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5 (for Arts programmes) and 2 (for Science-based programmes) based on the following grade to point conversion scale: A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point.
[Note: Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted]
- An appropriate equivalent Diploma of not less than Second class/Credit level or B grade obtained from a college which is fully registered by NACTE and approved by the UDSM Senate. For Diplomas that are further classified into Upper and Lower classes, the requirement shall be an Upper Second class or B+ average.
- Note: Applicants from countries which follow an 8-4-4 education system need to complete at least one year of study at a university in their own countries before they can be considered for admission into the University of Dar es Salaam.
- A minimum score of 100 obtained from Mature Age Entry Examination (MAEE) consisting of a score of at least 50 in Paper I and 50 in Paper II. MAEE was introduced in order to give opportunity to exceptionally well qualified Tanzanian candidates who wish to study for a first degree of the University of Dar es Salaam but do not possess qualifications which satisfy the University’s Direct/Equivalent entry requirements.
- To qualify for MAEE one must be 25 years of age or older on 1st August of the year in which admission is sought. In addition, one must have obtained at least three credits in approved subjects at the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or completed Form VI at least five years before 1st September of the year in which admission is sought.
1.2 Additional Entrance Requirements
In addition to the general minimum entrance requirements, there are additional qualifications, specific to the various degree programmes, as shown in the UDSM prospectus which Can be downloaded from HERE
For More Information About How you can start applying for courses at university of dar es salaam you can visit UDSM official website using the link >>UDSM WEBSITE