Senior Program Officer Job Vacancies At WFT-Trust
Senior Program Officer – Capacity Strengthening
Job Overview: WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage women, especially young feminists in different job positions to be based in Dar Es Salaam Headquarters.
Are you passionate about doing your work differently?
Do you have an understanding of feminist approaches to delivering substantive changes for women girls and children’s rights in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and thought leadership in your position of work and less traditional approaches that will contribute to movement building processes with an empowering agenda of change? Are you in sync with the roles of women rights organizations and their movements in different sectors and across sectors, and an interplay of empowering mechanisms employed to delivering their work?
We are looking for you! To contribute in achieving the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grassroot to the national level.
- Job Title: Senior Program Officer – Capacity Strengthening
- Functionally Reports to: Head of Program
The Senior Program Officer- Capacity strengthening will be working closely with the program team, to lead the implementation of the organizational capacity strategy that provides feminist framework and a guide to WFT-Trust capacity enhancement needs and, that of its partners and women and girls’ movement actors. The position will also strengthen the feminist culture of learning and accountability of our work and beyond. The position will also be responsible in developing capacity enhancement plans, tools and materials to support and addressing the needs of WFT-Trust and partners, and provide ongoing technical assistance and monitor learning progress. For coordinated function and better results the position will link and work with the all departments within the Fund and especially Grant Making team.
- Providing conceptual leadership and technical inputs in guiding the framing, designing, implementation and monitoring of organizational capacity enhancement strategy with transformative feminist results at various levels.
- Ensuring that organizational feminist approach to capacity building stems from the realization that own self-transformation emanates through development of individual agency and work towards social transformation that challenge the existing social structures and power relations.
- Strengthening a framework that promotes a process of strengthening individual abilities, organizations, and systems to perform core functions sustainably, and to continue to improve and develop overtime.
- Providing day to day leadership in provision of relevant technical trainings, tools, mentorship and coaching support aimed at developing and strengthening WFT-Trust work and that of the grantees’ organizations and their constituent
Capacity development program and Reflection spaces
- Review, assess and update capacity development framework, systems and tools for the WFT-Trust continued learning and adaptation by grantee partners and for their ongoing technical assistance.
- Design safe spaces for women and girls’ trainings and reflection meeting that will strengthen their technical skills and a greater sense of solidarity with each other.
- Work closely with Monitoring Evaluation, Learning and Accountability and the Communication programs to draw on WFT-Trust experiences and lessons as a national Women Rights Fund working on promoting transformative social change issues with women’s rights organizations and Networks/Platforms at different stages of organizational growth.
Strengthen the feminist culture and ethos
Strengthening feminist organizational cultures- together with other staff and our key partners/stakeholders exploring questions of power, inclusivity and diversity, building the agency of staff and the people that organizations is engaged with, and in nurturing the growth of organizations with a ‘soul’.
Work closely with feminist movement building program to conceptualize strategic advocacy campaign plans and monitoring performance progress.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, in a similar role in a nonprofit organization with exposure to feminist work either by research, training or in organizing social justice work
- Bachelor degree in women/gender/feminist studies, social sciences, communications, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and skills in training and capacity building, as well as in deploying creative learning modules.
- Strong communications and partnership building experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili, including presentation skills.
- A keen analytic, with an eye for detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire change.
How to Apply Senior Program Officer Job Vacancies At WFT-Trust
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which considers the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected]
Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for, Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th June 2022
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Young feminist women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
WFT-Trust is an equal opportunity employer and has a Zero Tolerance policy to all forms of Corruption including sexual corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination.