Scrum Master Job Vacancies At Vodacom Tanzania
Vodacom Tanzania is Tanzania’s leading communications company providing a wide range of services for consumers and enterprise including voice, data, messaging, financial services and Enterprise solutions. Vodacom Tanzania was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange on 15 August 2017. Vodacom Tanzania and its subsidiaries (together ‘the Group’) are majority owned by Vodacom Group Limited (75% holding), a company registered in South Africa, which in turn is majority owned by Vodafone Group PLC., a company based in the United Kingdom.
The Scrum Master is a member of the squad who coaches the squad on Agile principles and practices as well as teaching, facilitating, coaching, mentoring and consulting on Agile techniques and ceremonies. The Scrum Master helps to maximize squad productivity? to a sustainable and predictable velocity. The Scrum Master will also help embed continuous learning with the aim to lead the squad members to self-sufficiency.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the scrum team. They help those outside the scrum team understand Agile ways of working and which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which are less, facilitating everyone to improve these interactions to maximize the value created by the scrum team. Typically reports to the Chapter Lead.
- Promotes and supports �Scrum� as defined in the Scrum Guide – by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values;
- Helps develop Agile teams and chosen practices ensuring proper understanding, practice and continuous improvement of scrum events (e.g. daily stand-ups/demos/retrospectives) and other relevant frameworks and tools (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/Design Thinking);
- Supports in the creation and maintenance of an atmosphere of trust within the squad by facilitating feedback, eliminating hindrances and tracking risks;
- Leads the squad and relevant stakeholders in the proper understanding and use of relevant agile artefacts and events, helping them to use metrics and tools to assess their progress (e.g. burn-down chart);
- Supports in the identification of risks, dependencies and impediments, to facilitate the squad and business in finding a solution, collaborating with other teams and stakeholders, and actively escalating when necessary, to ensure resolution;
- Supports the team members and Product Owner in understanding their role and in properly interacting, (e.g. during the creation of user stories, discussion of priorities, and planning Sprint iterations);
- Participates in the performance evaluation of squad members;
- Promotes the principle of continuous improvement through using agile practices such as retrospectives.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- A total of at least 1 to 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in designing and delivering complex digital capabilities
- Experience leading teams using agile methodologies in large-scale teams
- Trello, MS Project, or equivalent experience preferred
- Influencing skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Facilitation skills
How To Apply
To apply for the Scrum Master Job Vacancies At Vodacom Tanzania please click on the APPLY HERE link below and there proceed by providing the required information