SADC Media Awards Competition 2022 Application
Coverage: How to apply for SADC Media Awards Competition 2022? Requirements For SADC Media Awards Competition
Looking for a way to apply for the SADC Media Awards Competition 2022? If yes, Then this informative article is for you. Here we’ll Provides detailed information on SADC Media Awards Competition 2022, categories, awards, qualifications and how to apply.
The SADC Council of Ministers approved the establishment of the SADC Media Awards to recognise best media work in the region.
Since 1996 the SADC Secretariat has been coordinating the Media Awards to encourage the media in the Region to play a leading role in disseminating information on SADC in order to support the process of regional co-operation and integration.
SADC Media Awards Competition 2022 Categories
Entries are invited from the following categories:
- Print Journalism: Comprising features/articles published in newspapers, newsletters, websites, magazines;
- Print Journalism submissions should have a minimum of 100 (one hundred words and a maximum of 2000 (two thousand) words.
- Radio Journalism: Comprising broadcast material;
- Radio Journalism broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of 30 (thirty) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
- Television Journalism: Comprising televised material;
- Broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of forty-five (45) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
- Photojournalism: Comprising published pictures with a caption;
- Photographic entries should have one (1) photo, or a pictorial spread of not more than twenty (20) photos published in one issue/edition. Each entry must be accompanied by an original newspaper in which photo(s) were published.
SADC Media Awards Competition 2022 Prizes
- The first prize winner in each category receives US$2,500 and the runner-up receives US$1,000.
Eligibility For SADC Media Awards Competition
- Open to journalists from the SADC Member States.
- The themes of the entries to be submitted for the competition must be on issues and activities promoting Regional Integration in the SADC region, i.e. infrastructure, economy, water, culture, sports, agriculture, etc.
- All media practitioners who are SADC nationals may enter the competition, except those in institutions contracted by SADC and the SADC Secretariat staff;
- All works entering the competition should be in one of the SADC working languages, i.e. English, Portuguese, French and any national indigenous language of the SADC Region and should be submitted together with the transcript in one of the three SADC working languages, i.e. English, French and Portuguese. These should be published/broadcast (newspaper cutting, websites, magazines, audio CDs, USB and newsletters;
How To Apply
Completed forms, with all required information typed-in must be submitted to the SNMCs within Member States by February 28, 2022.
Download the entry form in:
For more information, visit SADC Award
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022