Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician At Care: CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit self-motivated, results-driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanians to fill various new positions in the organization in the agricultural sector to implement solutions for our beneficiaries in the food production and farming industries.
Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician At Care
This position is responsible for carrying out duties as a driver cum Assistant Logistician, effectively and efficiently, observing all current organization’s vehicle, motorcycle, and generator operating policies and procedures.
The driver will also be responsible for ensuring the safety of the passengers, vehicle, and the tools assigned to him/her and devising ways and maintaining high fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs.
The driver Cum Assistant Logistician is responsible for driving an office vehicle including the maintenance records and ensures that routing maintenance is carried out on schedules.
The position will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle on daily basis to ensure that it is clean, undamaged and in working order.
The position will also provide Logistics support in the field office ensuring the routine office facility management
is adequately taken care and Fleet management Policies and Procedures are applied and adhered to. With guidance and support from the supervisor will facilitate logistics-cohesion in the field office.
- Drive office vehicle within and outside the operational area trips in Tanzania.
- Maintain defensive driving plus presenting safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure.
- Maintains office vehicle maintenance records and ensures that the routine maintenance is carried out on schedule.
- Maintains accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Reviews staff car requests with the supervisor and finalize/maintenance schedule on a daily basis. Notifies the supervisor of any deviations from the approved schedule in order to ensure staff requests are honoured or different arrangements made.
- Maintaining proper records for fuel and reports for any shortage before the start of journey.
- Dispatches office documents/mails to different vendors, partners and customers as assigned.
- Provide Logistics Supports to staff, office errands and general office support.
- Secondary School Ordinary Level Certificate
- Diploma or an equivalent to Technical/Artisan Qualification from a recognized institution or equivalent
education in combination with qualifying experience
- Valid and Clean driver’s license class C and willingness to travel in rural areas.
- Certified driver from NIT (National Institute of Transportation) – added advantage
Experience & Skills
- 5 years’ experience driving all types of vehicles (heavy and light) in International organisation or local NGO, private sector or Government sector whose nature of the job includes driving in remote areas with poor road infrastructure
- Requires sufficient skills in the application of a specific discipline relevant to the organization’s requirements.
- Experience at checking vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- At least 2 years working experience in managing administration errands, logistics support and fleet management in an International non-Governmental Organization funded by donors with strict rules and regulations Desired
- Vocational Trainings in Mechanics and or Automobile
- Ability to drive a motorcycle,
- Exceptional active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Road traffic rules and regulations
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office.
- Able to use effective management systems/tools for self
- Proficient in minute taking, documentation, and simple report writing and prepare vehicle performance management and administration reports
- Good communication skills both oral and written including good interpersonal skills with speaking English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a creative approach to problem solving, good planning, strong time management and organizing skills
Mode Of Applications
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department [email protected] by Closure of Business, 5th September 2022 at 1700hrs.
To apply for Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician At Care, please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Project Manager for Scale Up FFBS Approach Initiative At Care
- Warehouse Manager Job Vacancies At Mbeya Cement Company Limited
- 66 New Jobs At Mwanza Urban Water and Sanitation Authority MWAUWASA
- 50 New Direct Sales Staff Jobs At NMB Bank Plc Dead Line 09-Sep-2022
- 30 New Jobs At Mbeya University of Science and Technology MUST
- Network Performance & Quality Manager Job At Tigo Tanzania
- Managing Director Job Vacancy At TIB Development Bank