Product Specialist Jobs At Sandvik Tanzania 2022
- Product Specialist
- Shinyanga. Sandvik
About Sandvik: Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, hauling, and materials handling.
The company was founded in 1862 by Göran Fredrik Göransson, who was first in the world to succeed in using the Bessemer method for steel production on an industrial scale. At an early stage, operations focused on high quality and added value, investments in R&D, close contact with customers, and exports. This is a strategy that has remained unchanged through the years.
- Act as the subject matter expert, using an understanding of concepts and principles in the area of expertise,
- To be the division technical contact person – with two-way communication; to Sales Area and to EQ Product Line/factory,
- Collaborate with Level 6 Product Line Managers within the Sales Area,
- Ensure frontline readiness for new technologies and new product introductions (parts, resources, training) and be proactive with an operational readiness plan
- Root Cause Analysis/Trouble Shooting (only 2nd line support),
- Collects technical feedback in Sales Area (inputs into Database),
- Make recommendations based on reports to better serve the customer and improve processes.
- Perform adjustments of systems on client equipment.
- Work proactively to develop new solutions to prevent recurring problems.
- Upon request, provide application advice to sales and review operating cost proposals.
- Takes technical and application ownership of market releases of new products and new product versions, and ramp down old products.
- Conduct product launch, testing and commissioning services.
- Support operational readiness activities for large projects.
- Support in technical details during New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Aftermarket support to Equipment divisions and Sales Areas.
- Prepare and execute all activities in line with SHEQ rules, regulations, procedures, instructions, guidelines, and promote awareness, including addressing anomalies to others.
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (incl. knowledge transfer between factory and Sales Area).
- Collaborate with Parts & Services division and take technical responsibility toward training interventions in relevant Sales Area.
- Training in key aspects of technical trades.
- Minimum 7 years Technical experience in the Mining & Metals Industry.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to diagnose machine concerns and communicate with engineering support team
- Ability to use electrical & hydraulic schematics
- Ability to learn Artisan control interface to navigate diagnostics
- Enjoy transferring knowledge to operators and technicians
How To Apply
To apply for the Product Specialist Jobs At Sandvik Tanzania 2022 please click on the link below