Procurement Manager Jobs At Pathfinder International: Pathfinder Overview : Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction.
Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Procurement Manager Jobs At Pathfinder International
Position Summary: Leads procurement activities for Pathfinder Tanzania office, including centralized procurement to ensure compliance with legal and donor regulations and to ensure economies-of-scale and highest quality vendors
Key Job Outcomes:
- Procurement Policies and Procedures: Develops and updates procurement policies and procedures including changes to donor and federal regulations. Facilitates compliance with Pathfinder procurement policies and procedures by setting an example, educating partners, and appropriately escalating issues when required or unsure.
- Vendor Database Management: Develops and manages a preferred vendor database.
- Due Diligence Processes and Procedures: Develops, updates, and implements due diligence policies and procedures.
- Internal Relationship Development: Develops and maintains the internal relationships required to understand the operational needs of Pathfinder to develop thorough cost/benefit analysis of a procurement.
- Procurement Process Management: Manages all procurements and ensures compliance with Pathfinder policy and funder regulations, including requests for quotes/proposals, negotiating rates, reviewing proposals and vendor selection, ensuring vendor vetting, and preparing vendor contracts.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: Monitors supplier performance, works with suppliers on issues management and changes suppliers as required. Oversees contract management for all suppliers and vendors and creation of purchase requisitions as required. Executes supplier agreements (signing the contract).
- Tracking: Tracks purchases and invoices based on approved purchase orders or emails from requestor.
- Sourcing Team Management: Leads sourcing teams, including multiple business units.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages, or participates in cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job Specific Competencies:
- knowledge of supplier management, RFQ, and cost saving initiatives.
- Negotiation Skills: Advanced skills in negotiations.
- Reports: Proven ability to frequently prepare reports and logs.
- Change Leadership: Proven ability lead change and to remain flexible to ever-changing environments while adapting well to different situations.
- Due Diligence Process and Procedures: Ability to develop, implement and maintain due diligence process and procedures.
- Sourcing Team Management: Ability to source and manage sourcing teams.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Multi-tasking Skills: Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others at all levels in the organization through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain supplier relations.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of procurement software.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidential on work-related matters
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Procurement and Supply Chain, or a related advanced degree.
- Bachelor of procurement and Supply Management, Business administration and value chain Management
- Certified Procurement and Supply Profession is an added advantage
- 5 years of experience in managing a procurement department
- 5 years of relevant procurement experience preferably with the majority in the nonprofit sector
- Experienced in tactfully handling many complex issues, including sensitive negotiations
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations.
By applying for Procurement Manager Jobs At Pathfinder International, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for.
The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, POBox 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application.
Electronic Applications are encouraged. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, The closing date to send your application is 4th July 2022 at 05:00pm