Payroll Specialist Job Vacancy At DIAGEO 2022
Diageo is the world’s largest premium beverages firm, with a portfolio that includes Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, and Guinness, among others. Our objective – to celebrate life every day, everywhere – plays a crucial role in our firm, in terms of our people, diversity, brands, performance, and shared value creation.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a Diageo Africa fully integrated beverage company (supply and demand for beer and spirits).
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
The Payroll Operations Team within the Employee Experience Tower contributes to the delivery of payroll for Diageo across Europe & Africa; constantly liaising with 3rd party Service Providers.
The team works within an uncompromising pay cycle time frame, providing a consistently reliable and accurate service within a multifaceted environment from both ongoing legislative and Policy changes.
Purpose of Role
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible to provide a professional and high quality payroll administration service which enables payments to our employees accurately and on time.
The position holder must work in a compliant manner and ensure all checklists, calendars, variance reporting, KPI’s and journals are completed on time and accurately to ensure we meet our internal and external facing compliance controls.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Provide payroll provider with data changes in the agreed format and by the agreed date on the payroll calendar. Quality of data is imperative and the correct validations should be carried out.
- Complete tasks in a compliant manner ensuring adherence to Data Privacy and Compliance principles.
- All queries from employees and other key stakeholders are resolved satisfactorily within agreed timelines
- Maintain technical knowledge of Statutory payments and deductions
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3-5 years of Experience in Payroll Processing for the region
- Degree in Accounting or other related field
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across geographies and cultures
- Ability to quickly understand and apply market legislation affecting payroll and statutory reporting.
- Demonstrates excellent organisational and planning skills
- MS Office expertise