Latest Outreach Social Worker Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022: GLAMI mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities. We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in society.
Outreach Social Worker Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022
The purpose of this position is to build strength and resilience among girls enrolled in GLAMI programs so as to increase the likelihood of girls staying in the school and completing school. Outreach Social Worker will work closely with Binti and Kisa Mentors and report to GLAMI Program Social Worker and Community Liaison. This position will require Outreach Social Worker to conduct school and home visits.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Female university graduate (Bachelor degree in social work/Psychology or related field),
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with adolescents and youth,
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: Particularly able to maintain consistency, positive conversation and best understand the unique situation of each Scholar,
- Active Listening Skills: Able to call upon active listening skills to understand the specific situation of each Scholar and to recall the information in a follow up conversation,
- Computer Skills: Highly organized as this will involve using spreadsheet software and salesforce to keep track of Scholars,
- Practical problem solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives in challenging situations, and
- Able to work independently as well as in the team.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a conducive and friendly environment for Scholars to easily reach out for social work support,
- Identify Scholars who are at high risk of dropping out of school,
- Provide needed support in a timely manner to ensure girls continues with school, and
- Maintaining the number of Scholars in the program by making sure that Scholars are not dropping out of the program.
Communication and Relationship Building:
- Report and communicate directly to Program Social Worker and Community Liaison everything in relation to GLAMI social work,
- Communicate with parents and guardians as required,
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required, and
- Write and submit on time all short public relation pieces, photos and videos (blogs) as required.
Record and enter notes of Scholars served through social work in a data system,
Liaise with school administration and government in cooperation with the program social worker, and
Maintain all organisation assets and equipment as required.
- Support the organisation in preparing and delivering organization events, and
- Perform any other duties assigned as required.
- Applicants with Background on Social work are highly encouraged to apply
- Positions are only available for Female Applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
How To Apply
To apply for the Outreach Social Worker Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022, Please send your Cover Letter and CV with the subject line of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission of applications is on Jun 22, 2022