Operations Manager Job Vacancy at Results for Development
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Operations Manager who can support the overall project implementation at the country level including overseeing the financial, administrative, operational, and human resourcing of the project. This position will report to the Tanzania FHM Engage Chief of Party.
Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage) is a global cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance (TA) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. The R4D Tanzania FHM Engage activity will provide USAID/Tanzania with strategic and technical support to strengthen the health markets ecosystem.
FHM Engage—led by Chemonics and its core partners, co-technical lead Results for Development (R4D), Pathfinder, and Zenysis― catalyzes the adoption of fresh, contextually-relevant pathways in health market development by building on existing structures. FHM Engage robust partner network includes 16 local, regional and international partner organizations. The FHM Engage project will use a systems approach to identify root causes of underperforming markets, co-design sustainable solutions with market actors to deliver the lasting behavior change needed to evolve health markets, and enable strong behavioral, technical, and managerial approaches for USAID/ Tanzania, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Tanzania.
- The Operations Manager will lead the overall operations of the FHM Tanzania Engage project by providing oversight to the finance and accounting activities, ensuring payroll services, coordinating the human resources for the country, managing the office space, and coordinating security plans and actions as necessary. Essential responsibilities include:
- Oversee the project account and payroll services staff and review activities for accuracy and compliance
- Develop annual work plan budgets and monitor project spending including projections.
- Manage access to petty cash and country bank accounts.
- Coordinate communication with the headquarter financial team and the FHM Engage Project Management Lead
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled monthly and bills are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure all expenditures are compliant with both R4D and USAID cost principles and policies.
- Ensure project filing and documentation is retained and shared with the appropriate teams at the headquarters.
- Oversee the facilitation of travel support to both international travelers coming to Dar es Salaam, as well as team domestic travel.
- Leading the procurement activities and coordination with the partner manager to ensure local partners are identified and onboarded in accordance with the work plan’s vision as well as in full compliance with USAID regulations and R4D’s policies.
- Serve as R4D’s security officer point of contact and communicate security risks and actions with the Chief of Party, Program Management Lead, and Chief Operations Officer
- Develop security briefs for incoming travelers and ensure that all office staff and travelers are aware of the risks and the plans, as necessary
- Liaise with international travelers before scheduled trips to provide on the ground intel.
- Operations Manager Job Vacancy at Results for Development
Human Resources Management:
- Provide input into the development and implementation of appropriate human resources policies and procedures for R4D Tanzania.
- Support the preparation statements, transactions, and records in accordance with applicable employment and labor laws, codes, statutes, regulations, and ordinances in an accurate and timely fashion.
- In partnership with the Sr HR Business Partner, provide guidance, coaching and direction to the FHM Tanzania staff to ensure they are fully aware of R4D’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Support FHM Engage country staff relationships, respond to queries or problems from staff and manage expectations with the support of the HQ and Sr. HR Business Partner.
- In partnership with Sr. HR Business Partner and/or Sr. HR Manager, ensure full compliance with local laws, funder requirements, regulations, and government requirements, including employment and labor law, tax law, social security and any other relevant laws pertaining to INGOs in Tanzania.
- Actively monitor the employment and labor regulatory environment for any changes that may affect R4D FHM Tanzania and make recommendations to Human Resources to ensure continuing compliance. Advise and make recommendations of any changes affecting policies, procedures, postings, and employee handbook.
- Act as CO liaison with Accounting Services Organization (ASO) and the Sr. HR Business Partner and Finance team in Washington, DC.
- Support the implementation of country office HR policies and procedures including recruitment, performance management, handbook development, HRIS and legal compliance, conducting periodic HR file audits, and provision of HR support to programs as it applies to FHM team members.
- Provide recruitment support by posting job announcements in local publications, assist with resume screening and logistics with in-person interviews for all FHM recruitments.
- Provide support and recommendations to the Human Resources team in Washington, DC in areas such as onboarding, offboarding, performance management, compensation, and health benefits administration where applicable.
- Participate fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting, and participating in activities, initiatives and other duties as requested by R4D FHM management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field. A master’s degree in Accounting/Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) in supporting and managing USAID-funded activities is a similar role with Financial and Human Resource experience.
- 3-5 years Human Resources Management experience in Tanzania ideally working with an INGO.
- Prior experience as an Operations Manager on USAID funded project preferred
- Proven experience in financial management and overseeing financial audits is required
- Experience building coaching and mentoring skills of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including host governments at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff
- Substantial experience in managing a team engaging with international and regional partners
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically and develop pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to make presentations to various audiences.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to successfully manage and lead staff/teams
- Excellent communication skills in both English (written and verbal) and Swahili
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Apply Here >> Operations Manager Job Vacancy at Results for Development