OC Mining Superintendent Job At North Mara Gold Mine Limited: The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
OC Mining Superintendent Job At North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit OC Mining Superintendent to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Foster a safe and productive work environment through visible and felt leadership, with hands on technical and management practices
- Manage Succession Planning within the OC Mining Department to ensure that Barrick achieves development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
- Must be planner and problem solver by nature.
- Personal and Teams Development of the Barrick DNA Culture
- Collaborate with Training and Staff development on all skills set and training requirements that will further develop technical and managerial skills within our national workforce.
- Provide technical support and solutions for complex problems ensuring to impart the critical thinking path and process to our national staff.
- Promoting continual improvements, and cost saving initiatives.
- Assist and in some cases lead budget creation (OP-Ex/Cap-Ex), ensuring our Senior National Staff in certain key areas receive training and participate in the process.
- Ensure budgets reviewed and submitted on time and on target.
- Lead and Support Mining Open Cast team to achieve production budget ore tons mined and waste tons mined above budget.
- Ensuring ongoing effective people management of the Department by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through training of staff. Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure that Barrick achieves development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- Managing work allocated to him in line with requirements of mining operations and from other departments that supports the business objectives. Liaise with the Mining Engineers, Geologists and the Plant, to ensure that the crusher feed tonnage and blend is in accordance with the plan.
- To make sure there is correct site procedures during blasting and prescribed emergencies and Cleary communicated to all mine Users
- Review and implement all S.O.P according to be used at working as per Mines Regulation Act standards and policies are adhered to.
- To make sure all employees in mining attending safety training set by the company to maintaining safe and efficient standard.
- To make sure all accidents and unsafe situations investigated reported on time.
- Safety training awareness 30 min. every week to all Open Cast team members.
- Lead and support mining open pit team to achieve gold produce above budget,
- Provide effectively support the Drilling Team to achieve drilling meters over budget.
- Provide effective support the mining Open Cast team to achieve mining costs dollar per tons mined.
- Reducing of equipment damaged.
- Mine and Dump according to mine plan and design.
- Use blast and digging limits during mining.
- Use tip too limits during dumping.
- Use laser and QC to control pit and dumps floors.
- Mine according to daily, monthly and quarterly plan.
- Qualification requirements
- Blasting certificate
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, ERP and MRPII packages (SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc.).
- Experience and competencies needed
- 10 years’ Experience Mining.
- 5 years leadership experience.
- Both technical and operational experience.
- Contracts and Contractor management.
- Demonstrated competencies in leading of Open pit mining crews and well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
- Extensive experience with tire management systems and best practices.
- Extensive experience with reliability based maintenance systems.
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online.
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME.
- Indicating the role title “OC Mining Superintendent” in the subject of your email.
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please forward applications before: 20th July, 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.