Ntsa self service portal | tims.ntsa.go.ke
Ntsa self service portal | tims.ntsa.go.ke Kenya details: From here you can easily check NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal information in Kenya. | eCitizen login ntsa
This article is completely about NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal details in Kenya. People who are looking for the NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal here and there on the internet, they can stop your search and take a look at this article once. In this web page, we had provided important information and link related to the NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal. Get connected with us for NTSA Citizen Self-Service Portal latest updates.
The National Transport and safety Authority (NTSA) was established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 on 26th October 2012. The objective of forming the Authority was to harmonize the operations of the key road transport departments and help in effectively managing the road transport sub-sector and minimizing loss of lives through road crashes.
eCitizen is the gateway for all government services. As you can all recall, before the eCitizen portal was created, accessing government services was a challenging task filled with state bureaucracy concerns not forgetting the long queues Kenyans had to endure. All this has been transformed as Kenyans no longer have to travel longer distances or wait in line for hours to get government services.
The public can now comfortably apply for all government services at the comfort of the offices, homes or cyber. Moreover, payment for such services has also been simplified removing bottlenecks like bribing of government officials that was quite rampant in the past. Therefore, how can we define eCitizen? Read on to find out.
What is eCitizen?
Simply put, this as a one-stop free online portal for all government information and services that has been organized with all the needs of the Kenyan citizens in mind. It is a web-based platform which ensures that the public can access various services and information conveniently just by making clicks on internet-supported devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers . eCitizen was launched four years ago by the Ministry of Finance and is operated by the ICT Authority of Kenya (IDA).
Government departments on eCitizen
At this point you might be questioning the public sectors that can be accessed using the eCitizen platform. Some of such departments include Ministry of Lands, National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), State Law Office (under the office of the AG), Department of Immigration, and Civil Registration Services.
Requirements to open an eCitizen account (Ntsa self service portal )
To create and activate your account on the eCitizen portal, you will need the following items;
- A computer/phone/tablet with internet connection
- A National ID card number
- A functional e-mail address
- A passport sized photo in soft copy
- An active mobile phone number
- Then you need to select the kind of account you need from the four offered on the platform. We have explained the four accounts below
- Citizens; this account is only for Kenyan citizens who have a National identity card.
- Business; this account is solely for businesses registered in Kenya and you will need a business registration number to open the account.
- Foreign Residents; this account is for non-nationals living in the country and their foreigner certificate substitutes the National ID number.
- Visitor; this account is for any alien who requires a Kenyan Visa to be permitted to enter Kenya.
Now, I am sure you already know the kind of eCitizen account you would like to open so let’s down to the nitty gritty part.
Ntsa self service portal E-citizen account registration
Creating an eCitizen portal is a five-step process that is easy to maneuver even for non-tech savvy persons.
1. ID verification
- On your browser, visit and then tap on the ‘Create Account’ icon located at the top right corner for the page.
- Here you will see the four accounts discussed earlier.
2. Personal details
- Click on the Citizens account and type in your National Identity card number and your first name as it appears on the card. Then click validate.
- If your ID number and name are correct, you will be directed to the next step. The portal will display your passport photo, fill names and ID number.
3. Email verification
- You will now be prompted to enter an email address, create a password and agree to the terms and conditions then click on the continue button.
- To continue on to the next step, you will need to verify your email address. Log into your email account the click in the verification link that would have been emailed by eCitizen.
- Upon a fruitful verification, click on next.
4. Mobile number verification
- Next step is to confirm your mobile number.
- You will be prompted to enter it and a unique verification code will be sent to that number
- Enter the code on the blank tab and tap verify.
5. Passport photo upload
- The last step necessitates you to upload a recent, passport size photo (maximum dimensions are 500px by 500px) then click on continue to finalize on the registration process.
- You have now successfully completed your registration and will be directed to your eCitizen dashboard where you can access several eCitizen services.
E-Citizen fees and payments
Please note that the creation of an eCitizen account is free and the only thing you need is a computer with a stable internet. Nevertheless, several government services from eCitizen require different fees and as such you can pay for these using Mobile money, online banking or debit cards. This saves you the hassle of physical visits to the government offices.
After navigating the kind of government service that you need, an invoice will be generated for the service provided as well as the fee. This will then lead you to several payment options including M-pesa, credit card, debit card and prepaid cards. Among the mostly used payment option for eCitizen is Lipa Na M-pesa through the pay bill number 206206. If you decide to use M-pesa option;
- Go to the M-pesa icon on your cellphone.
- Select Lipa na M-pesa option.
- Click in the Pay bill option and type in eCitizen business number 206206.
- The account number will be automatically generated depending on the service rendered.
- Key in the amount as generated in the invoice.
- Enter your M-pesa pin and send.
- You will receive a confirmation message from Safaricom and you are done.
After making the payment, go back to the eCitizen portal and ratify the completion of the task as you await the feedback.
eCitizen services offered
In this segment, we shall explore some of the current services being rendered on the eCitizen portal under the various ministries and departments.
1. Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
At one point or another you will require a Police Clearance Certificate also known as a certificate of good conduct especially if you a job seeker in Kenya. You can now apply for this certificate online on your eCitizen account, select a date to go have your finger prints taken and pay for the service online.
2. National Transport and safety Authority (NTSA)
On your eCitizen account you can access a myriad of services from the NTSA sector which includes.
- Obtaining your provisional driving license at the NTSA
- Driving test booking at NTSA
- Interim Driving certification
- Renewal of your Driving License at NTSA
- Driving class endorsement at NTSA
- Driving License Information Corrections At the NTSA
3. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Here Kenyans can access services such as KRA pin application, returns filing, pin checker, tax agent checker, Tax compliance certificate checker, customs goods declaration, WHT (withholding Tax) Checker, customer manifest lodgment and KRA Mobile Payments(mService) among other services by the taxman.
4. Ministry of Lands
If you are planning to own a piece of land in Kenya, you can perform an official name search (Nairobi Blocks) in the ministry of lands. According to the eCitizen website, very soon citizens will also be able to acquire a land rent clearance certificate as well as apply for an official copy from the Ministry f lands.
5. Immigration Department
In this segment, Kenyans can obtain services such as;
- Apply and pay for a adults passports
- Passport application for kids
- Apply for a Kenyan visa for non-nationals
6. Registrar of Marriages
In this section, one can access several services that include the following;
- Notice of Marriage.
- Issuance of a registrar’s certificate.
- Solemnization of marriage.
- Issuance of a marriage certificate.
- Commissioning of affidavits.
- Special licenses for marriage.
7. Registrar of Companies
Here you can do obtain the following services;
- Perform an online business name search
- Register your business name
- Obtain a single business permit
- Procure a fire certificate for your business premises
8. Civil Registration services
In this section, you can apply for
- A birth certificate.
- A late birth certificate for those without it.
- Death certificates.
In case of any queries about Ntsa self service portal & eCitizen, you can contact eCitizen through the following details.
Telephone: +254 780 206 206, +254 709 480 000
Email: [email protected]