Nsfas Application 2021 | NSFAS Online Application Form
The National Aid Student Financial Aid Schem, NSFAS Applications 2022 has begun. Interested applicants who need NSFAS funding can follow the procedures on this page to apply online at www.nsfas.org.za.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application form 2022 has been open for students who wish to apply for financial assistance to further their studies at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges.
The NSFAS funding covers the cost of registration, tuition as well as allowances for learning material, food, personal care, transport, or accommodation. NSFAS has been around for over 28 years; assisting over 4 million South Africans to achieve their dreams.
What does the Nsfas bursary cover?
- Accommodation As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Application 2022 Eligibility
Who qualifies for funding?
Applicants are only eligible for the NSFAS funding if he/she met the followings criteria;
- South African citizen
- Receive a SASSA grant
- Total household income is R350 000 or less per annum
- Applying to study at a TVET College or public university
- Already registered as a university student with a total household income of under R122 000 per annum
- Passed grade 9 and grade 10 to receive funding to study at TVET College
- Passed Matric to receive funding to study at University
- Registering for your first time at a public university for an undergraduate qualification or
- registered at a public TVET College for a National Certificate Vocational/ report 191 programme
Nsfas Application 2022 | NSFAS Online Application Form
It is very important that the applicant provides during the application the correct identification number, name(s) and surname as given on their identification documents.
NSFAS will validate identity in advance. This will allow them to pre-fill your application form with validated and correct information received from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), South African Social Security Agency (SASSA), Department of Basic Education (DBE), and others.
Required Documents For NSFAS Application 2022
- Copy of ID
- Must have consent from the parent(s), guardian or spouse to submit their personal information for validation and verification. Once you accept the applicable terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received consent from all relevant parties.
If the applicant is dependant on their parents, guardian or spouse, they must provide:
- ID copies of the parent(s), guardian or spouse.
- Proof of income of the parent(s), guardian or spouse (payslip or appointment letter, where applicable).
If the applicant is self-sufficient, they must provide:
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter)
- 1 year’s IRP5 form
Note:If you are a SASSA recipient, no proof of income is required. Certified documents are not a requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions.
If the student has a disability, they must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form (if their information is not pre-populated on the online application form).
Vulnerable students (child under 18 years), they must provide:
- A completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form which must be completed by a social worker.
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS Application:
- You own cellphone number and email address.
- A copy of your identity card or birth certificate.
- Copies of the identity card of the parents/guardian/spouse.
- Proof of your income (if any).
- Proof of income of your parents/guardian/spouse.
NSFAS Online Application Form | myNSFAS
Follow the simple steps below to register yourself in myNSFAS
- Visit www.nsfas.org.za, click myNSFAS and click on ‘REGISTER’
- Provide NSFAS with consent to verify your details with third party agencies by clicking on the tick box. Check the accuracy of all details and update your details where necessary.
- Once you have completed all the required fields, click on ‘submit’. To complete the registration of the account, you will receive a One Time Pin on the cellphone number and email address you provided.
- Enter the One Time Pin and click on ‘submit’. You will receive a confirmation message to confirm that your profile has been created. You can now log in.
- Students are encouraged to keep their usernames and passwords safe and never share them with anyone.
Completing your NSFAS application
Click on the ‘Apply’ tab.
ID number, name(s), surname, cell number and email address will be pre-populated. This information is taken from your profile registration. You will then fill in the rest of the required fields.
Upload the relevant supporting documents. Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box and click ‘submit’.
Once your application is submitted, an Application Reference Number is sent to your email and cellphone.