Latest Program Mentor Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022: GLAMI mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities. We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in society.
Program Mentor Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022
Mentors are the basis of GLAMI programs. The role involves mentoring girls at GLAMI partner schools, participating in office tasks such as lesson preparations, event planning, data collection for monitoring and evaluation purposes, liaising program activities with Scholars and Partner school’s administrations. Mentors will be responsible for mentoring girls in both GLAMI projects which are Binti Shupavu and Kisa and report to the Mentor Coordinator. Mentors will gain skills through a variety of professional development opportunities, including job training such as counseling, mentoring and other relevant skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Female university graduate (Bachelor Degree)
- Ability to work with different personalities – the post will require a candidate to work in a team environment and serve beneficiaries of different personalities
- Good interpersonal communication skills – the post will require the candidate to convey and share ideas, skills and knowledge with a variety of audiences including students, colleagues, and school teachers and administrators,
- Experience working on community projects,
- Practical problem solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives in challenging situations ,
- Ability to develop trust and rapport with younger Tanzanian girls, and
- Ability to work independently with less supervision.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mentoring and Module delivery:
- Deliver program modules to girls enrolled in the programs,
- Make a close follow ups with Scholar’s group and individual activities,
- Be available during office hours for girls enrolled in the program who may need advice or moral support,
- Maintaining the number of Scholars in the program by making sure that Scholar are not dropping out of the program by losing interest,
- Act as a positive role model and provide sound guidance to girls enrolled in the program,
- Provide constructive feedback through reflection forms and meetings on the program modules and Scholar’s activities,
- Carry out surveys to support implementation of GLAMI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan, and
- Provide genuine recommendation on Scholar’s progress and status for the organisation purposes such as scholarships.
Communication and Relationship Building:
- Report and communicate directly to your supervisor everything in relation to the programs and staff wellbeing,
- Attend all meeting and training as required,
- Write and submit on time all short public relation pieces, photos and video (blogs) as required, and
- Communicate with parents and guardians as required.
- Collect and collate accurate information on student enrollment, attendance and progression,
- Liaise with school administrations as required, and
- Maintain all organisation assets and equipment as required.
- Support the organisation in preparing and delivering organization events, and
- Perform any other duties assigned as required
How To Apply
To apply for the New Program Mentor Job Vacancies At GLAMI June 2022 Please send your Cover Letter and CV with the subject line of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission of applications is on Jun 22, 2022