New Job Opporyunities At ICAP Global Health | SI Assistant (multiple positions)
Position Title: SI Assistant (multiple positions)
Reports to: SI Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 70% in intervention districts outside of job location
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Strategic Information (SI) Assistant (multiple positions) based in Mwanza Tanzania.
Overall Job Function:
The Strategic Information Assistant supports data entry and database-related tasks and queries as well as data verification and data collection and reporting activities. Under the supervision of the Strategic Information Officer, the Strategic Information Assistant supports SI activities covering both community and facility-based program activities. S/he will work closely with the other members of the program and strategic information teams.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in development of district level SI workplans covering activities in both community and facility.
- Conduct and support timely and complete data entry in both paper-based and electronic systems, ensuring consistency between linked systems.
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
- Participate in generation of queries and ensure completion of data cleaning activities
- Report any errors and problems observed in the database including hardware/software malfunctions
- Participate in monthly and quarterly data collection covering all sites within the district.
- Assist with training new staff, healthcare workers, and volunteers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database
- Assist with developing monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators at the district level for submission and review to the SI Coordinator and central team
- Assist with development data analysis presentations and progress tracking at the district level
- Maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor. Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
Advanced Diploma or higher in data management, computer science, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, or related field;
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or higher in data management, computer science, monitoring & evaluation, statistics, or related field
Required Technical Experience:
Minimum 1 year experience with data systems, entry, collection, verification, and reporting for community and facility HIV programs in Tanzania
- Preferred: Familiarity MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS and DATIM
- Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information contained in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time