New Human Resource and Administration Officer Job Vacancy At Jambo For Development
Jambo For Development (JFD) works with schools, children, parents, institutions, and local and central government officials to further its mission to use innovative life skills games, creative sports, and games to empower children and youth in Kagera Region, Tanzania. Apart from efforts to improve education outcomes, JFD also aim to address gender equality and health issues by raising awareness on HIV/AIDS and the use of clean water, and good sanitation. JFD programs focus on improving existing infrastructure, training teachers, and organizing sports competitions for children.
About Human Resource and Administration Officer Job
Jambo For Development is looking for a suitable candidate for the Human Resource and Administration Officer post, who will be responsible to carry out HR business in the organization in order to ensure that, the welfare of staff and the organization are met so that the organization performs all of its operations efficiently. This role also includes administrative tasks including Managing organization registrations, receiving, and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general duties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Human Resource and Administration Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Managing staff recruitment and conduct employee orientation, development, and training.
- Check each departments’ annual plan and prepare annual recruitment plan including sharing appropriate schedule and procedures required with all departments.
- Prepare and organize filing systems and record keeping for important and confidential organization documents i.e., contracts, MOUs, reports and ensuring unified filling system.
- Manage performance management process by ensuring.
– Staff performance tools are in place
– Mid and final appraisal is conducted to all staff within time
– Support Executive Director to review appraisal reports and give feedback accordingly
– Appraisal documents are properly filled and kept in employees’ files
- Develop and manage HR system and ensure system is effectively used.
- Develop and implement staff training, programs, and development activities.
- Review, develop and execute of HR policies.
- Prepare new employee’s contracts and develop terms and conditions.
- Managing disciplinary issues, addressing employees concerns and announcing changes or information from management to staff.
- Manage and monitor HR budget including salary, statutory and other expenses.
- Provides support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
- Preparing administration expense reports and related budgets as may be assigned.
- Support Office with general office upkeep, including maintenance of common areas, project vehicles, office equipment and supplies.
- Establish and maintain an efficient filing system of project documents specific to the project according to the established filing system of the Project.
- Managing organization compliance including drafting and sending documents to the government and other stakeholders for registration, annual fees payments, license etc.
- Coordinating and facilitating JFD’s calendar to arrange appointments, meetings, and conferences in consultation with Travel and Logistics in charge person.
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of organization’s activities
- Any other related work as may be assigned. organization registrations, receiving, and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general duties
- Take responsibility. Discretion combined with 100% honesty and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the JFD values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Jambo For Development.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Be a good ambassador of Jambo For Development in sports, gender issues, HIV/AIDS awareness, and education
- Organization and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders to facilitate the provision of maximum support.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Diploma in Administration, Human Resource, or related courses
- 3 years of working experience preferably in NGO’s
- Solid knowledge of office management and procedures
- Experience with HR Management Software
- Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
How To Apply
Please apply in English using your CV (including education, internships, working experiences) and covering letter (as a motivational letter why you are interested in this position and Jambo For Development) as a single document. Also include actual and expected annual gross compensation for this position and references from former working experiences.
Please send your application to [email protected]