My NSFAS online application 2022 | Application Opened
My NSFAS online application 2021 | My NSFAS online application 2022 | Application Opened | www.nsfas.org.za online application 2021
NSFAS was established under the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated the TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company under Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased operations in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
NSFAS online application 2022-2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) invites all students to use this opportunity to apply online to NSFAS for the 2022-2023 academic session. Information on opening and closing dates for NSFAS online applications for 2022 will be published on the NSFAS website www.nsfas.org.za Online application 2022/2023
Should there be any details of application information, please contact NSFAS as they are responsible for all applications and registrations.
What are the eligibilty for NSFAS funding?
In order to qualify for nsfa fund one need to meet the program eligibility which are as listed below
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annul
- A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What does the NSFAS bursary cover?
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
How Much Does NSFAS Give For Allowances?
Below is the chart showing NSFAS Allowance Amount.
|NSFS ALLOWANCE CATEGORY||ANNUAL AMOUNT||SELF-CATERED/CATERED RES|
|Study Materials (Once Off)||R5,200||R5,200|
|Accommodation (Max)||R5,617 (Private)|
How to Apply For NSFAS 2022?
NSFAS online application 2022 Procedures are as shown below
- You should visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Next, you have to click on the tab “myNSFAS”
- Next, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating a myNSFAS account, you will then need to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions that you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all required supporting documents
- Finally, click Submit to submit your application for review.