Mechanics Job Vacancies At North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Mechanics to join and grow their team. You will be expected
to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute
in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and
Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border. North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures, and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component / system / equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, faultfinding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform routine checks on machines before using.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/ modification as required.
- Ensure Maintenance Supervisor and all stakeholders kept informed of equipment availability status.
- Identification of mechanical equipment and resources, and selection and inspection of tools/ equipment.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
- Mechanics Trade Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience Mechanical Operations.
- Experience working on Sandvik and Caterpillar machines is highly desired.
- Demonstrated competencies in the rebuild and servicing of mining mobile equipment.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
- Experience in open cast and Underground mining essential.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How to apply Mechanics Job Vacancies At North Mara Gold Mine Limited:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Mechanics” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please forward applications before 24th June, 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.