Commercial Banks In Kenya 2021
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) is the main regulator of the banking sector within the country. The basic classification of banks in Kenya is by ownership. Some banks belong to local individuals/companies while others belong to foreign individuals or organizations.
Another general classification of banks is by nature, i.e. microfinance banks and commercial banks.
The Central Bank of Kenya, which governs banks, rates commercial banks based on their assets. Tier 1 banks are large banks with hundreds of billions of dollars in assets and are not likely to collapse financially. They are the largest banks in Kenya.
Level 2 banks are medium sized banks while Level 3 consists of small banks. Kenya has many banks. In 2017, that number reached 42.
How many commercial banks are there in Kenya?
There are currently 28 domestic commercial banks and 14 foreign commercial banks with branches, agencies and other outlets across the country.
List Of Commercial Banks In Kenya 2021
Below is a complete list of licensed commercial banks operating in Kenya in 2021. These banks have proven to have given their best throughout these years.
- ⇒ UBA Kenya Bank Ltd
- ⇒ The Co-operative Bank
- ⇒ Suntra Investment Bank Ltd
- ⇒ Sterling Investment Bank
- ⇒ Standard Investment Bank
- ⇒ Standard Chartered
- ⇒ Prime Bank
- ⇒ Paramount Bank
- ⇒ Oriental Commercial Bank Ltd.
- ⇒ NIC Bank
- ⇒ ABC Bank
- ⇒ National Bank
- ⇒ K-Rep Bank
- ⇒ Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
- ⇒ KCB Bank
- ⇒ Investments & Mortgages Bank Limited – I&M Bank
- ⇒ Imperial Bank Limited
- ⇒ Housing Finance
- ⇒ Guardian Bank Ltd.
- ⇒ Giro Commercial Bank Ltd
- ⇒ Fina Bank
- ⇒ Fidelity Bank
- ⇒ Faida Investment Bank – FIB
- ⇒ Equity Bank
- ⇒ Equatorial Investment Bank
- ⇒ Equatorial Commercial Bank Limited
- ⇒ Dyer & Blair Investment Bank
- ⇒ Dubai Bank Kenya Ltd
- ⇒ Dry Associates Limited
- ⇒ Development Bank Of Kenya Ltd
- ⇒ Co-operative Bank
- ⇒ Consolidated Bank
- ⇒ Commercial Bank of Africa
- ⇒ Citibank N A
- ⇒ Chase Bank
- ⇒ CFC Stanbic Bank Limited
- ⇒ Central Bank of Kenya
- ⇒ Bank Of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd.
- ⇒ Bank of Africa Kenya Ltd
- ⇒ Afrika Investment Bank
- ⇒ African Development Bank Group
- ⇒ African Banking Corporation