Lake Tanganyika Program Coordinator Jobs At Nature Conservancy: Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters, and oceans at an unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably, and helping make cities more sustainable.
Lake Tanganyika Program Coordinator Jobs At Nature Conservancy
The Lake Tanganyika Program Coordinator supports Lake Tanganyika Program Director to cultivate and maintain relationship with the Lake Tanganyika Authority (LTA), government agencies, other conservation organizations, and development partners in the basin.
They support the Lake Tanganyika Program Director to guide the implementation of the Lake Tanganyika Program by fostering strong partnerships with governments and partners in the four riparian countries.
Reporting to the Lake Tanganyika Program Director and working closely with the Lake Tanganyika Monitoring Officer, Tuungane Program team, the Africa Freshwater Director, and future Africa freshwater protection staff, the position will be based in Tanzania in either an existing office in Kigoma or a future office in Rukwa. No employment visas or assistance is being offered with this position except for the local labor employment requirements.
- The Lake Tanganyika Program Coordinator establishes the Conservancy as a major conservation partner within the Lake Tanganyika Basin, supports defining conservation priorities and long-term conservation strategies, supports building strategic, scientific, and technical capacity in the field, and supports developing key partnerships with public and private organizations to identify and resolve technical issues and to widely communicate solutions and best practices.
- The Lake Tanganyika Program coordinator supports the Lake Tanganyika Program Director to develop the management, implementation, and coordination capacity of TNC staff and other non-governmental organizations and government entities.
- The position also will support the implementation of a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) program led by a MEL specialist for the program.
- The Program Coordinator will also work with colleagues to develop and implement a sustainable funding strategy and action plan to secure funding for long-term fisheries management and conservation action
Responsibilities And Scope
- Support the Lake Tanganyika Program Director in the design of the TNC Lake Tanganyika Program strategic plan, and annual action plan.
- Provides technical leadership and management of a complex freshwater program.
- Supervises the monitoring of key deliverables, outputs, and outcomes as per work plans.
- Ensures coordination among numerous stakeholders, partners, and participants for the project.
- Coordinate budget management and tracking of Program progress with assistance from the TNC Operations team
- Oversee project management for the program, using TNC’s Highly Effective Teams and any other approaches to effectively manage key projects and support the work of cross-functional, cross-geographic teams towards the desired outcome.
- Coordinate work plans, manage consultants, and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Oversees preparation and implementation of grants and contracts.
- Mentor and manage professional staff, with responsibility for performance management, training, and career development.
- Establish and maintain optimal standards of performance for the department or program while controlling costs and administering budgets.
- Supports the Lake Tanganyika Program Director to ensure that public and private funds are raised to meet program needs, in support of the TNC Africa philanthropy team.
- Builds cooperation from outside parties to accomplish program goals, particularly with the Lake Tanganyika Authority and riparian governments as well as other partners.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Frequently makes independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and context.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads and finances under deadlines.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- English and French language fluency
- Experience in building and managing consortia of partners across institutions (e.g., communities, NGOs, private and government) and varying sectors.
- Organizational and communication skills.
To apply for the Lake Tanganyika Program Coordinator Jobs At Nature Conservancy, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact [email protected].
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.