Laboratory Scientist II Job Vacancy The Open University Of Tanzania
The Open University of Tanzania (OUT) is a public university, established by the Act of Parliament No 17 of 1992. Since 1st January, 2007, the University has been operating under the OUT-Charter Inc. of 2007, which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. Its stated mission is “to provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible, and affordable open online education, research and services to the community for social economic development of Tanzania and the rest of the world.
The Open University of Tanzania operates through its temporary headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and its 30 regional centers in each region of Tanzania Mainland including Coordination Centers in Tanzania Islands – Unguja
and Pemba in Zanzibar.
The University hereby invites applications from competent and suitably qualified persons, to enhance its human resource capacity needed to fulfill its mission, as follows:
Possession of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. Must be computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing;
- To provide glassware by ordering, receiving, and inventorying glassware;
- To keep laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt;
- To keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs;
- To document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books;
- To resolve problems by examining and evaluating data as well as selecting corrective measures;
- To perform any other related duties as assigned superiors.
NB. Age limit: Not above 35 years.
Mode Of Application
- Applicants should clearly specify the Vacancy Position they are applying for, from the list above. Applications bearing no such information shall not be considered.
- Applications should be accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, together with one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of two referees.
- All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission
for Universities (TCU).
- Interested applicants should submit the applications through Public Service Recruitment Secretariat portal to the undersigned:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Planning, Finance and Administartion)
- Open University of Tanzania
- Kawawa Road, Kinondoni
- P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Tel. +255 22 2668820 || Fax: +255 22 2668759
The deadline for receiving applications is 14 days after the date of advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.