Job At D-tree International -Project Coordinator February 2022
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Start Date: March 2022
Who we are
Job Vacancies at D-tree International- Project Coordinator February 2022 D-tree International is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality primary healthcare in underserved areas. We do this by working with governments to design, build and deploy digital tools for frontline health workers that improve their ability to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care. D-tree engages with governments to develop a shared vision for the potential of digital health, demonstrates the effectiveness of digital systems to improve health outcomes, and accompanies governments to scale these digital systems nationally and institutionalize them within their broader health systems.
D-tree is among the most experienced digital health partners in Tanzania, having worked with the government and multiple NGO partners since 2008 on a wide range of digital health programs focused on improving the quality of healthcare delivery. We are currently collaborating with the Tanzanian government on a digitally-enabled primary health care program in Kibaha, which has gained significant interest and is poised to strengthen a number of government digital health systems in Tanzania.
We are also engaged in an early-child development research collaboration in which we are designing digital tools to facilitate an integrated community-based ECD parenting program, and will be engaging as the digital health partner in a large-scale community health HIV/TB program. As our portfolio in the digital community health space continues to grow, we have an opportunity to expand our engagement with the national government to serve as a key digital health partner for strengthening primary health care services. This is an exciting opportunity to help deepen and expand our work and impact.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time Project Coordinator, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to support D-tree’s role in a USAID-funded community health HIV/TB program.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager so that digital health projects are delivered within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Together with the Program Manager, you will work with the program consortium and the D-tree team to strengthen Tanzania’s digital community health system and oversee its roll-out across 5 regions.
Given the technical nature of our work, you will participate in the design process of digital systems – working closely with program partners to understand and document needs, collaborating with D-tree’s technology team to propose solutions, and contributing to software requirements specification.
During roll out and program implementation, you will work closely with the consortium and D-tree team to develop training and implementation plans, program monitoring tools, and troubleshooting plans to ensure smooth implementation.
You will also support other D-tree staff (Field Coordinators) in implementing project activities including trainings, monitoring, etc. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring individuals who are quick learners, are comfortable with technology, and can effectively communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Support the Program Manager in managing the project across 5 implementation regions to ensure that program objectives are met according to the program schedule. Key activities include:
- Contributing toward developing, monitoring, and updating program work plan; devising standard operating procedures for program activities in line with D-tree best practices; developing project’s monthly activity plans and related budget forecasts
- Work with the Administrative and Logistics Assistant and the regional teams to coordinate logistics and planning for training, follow-up, and monitoring and evaluation activities across regions
- Participating in project meetings/calls with partners and other stakeholders, along with the Program Manager (or on the behalf of the Program Manager)
- Supporting the internal and external documentation and dissemination of D-tree program activities and findings through contributions to donor reports, meeting notes, D-tree Connect updates, blog posts, abstracts for conferences, and other written materials
- Support Program Manager in leading project implementation across project’s 5 regions to deliver effective digital systems. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Program Manager in leading the team through the design and development of digital solutions; system testing; training preparation and execution; supervision processes; user payment or motivation schemes; monitoring and trouble-shooting post implementation, etc.
- Building the skills of D-tree Field Coordinators, program partners, and government officials in all areas of program design and implementation so they can effectively implement strong digital health systems in each project region
- Conducting project-wide research and learning activities such as desk research or field-based quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Leading specific components of design and implementation for the project, which may include developing health content for digital solutions; leading quality assurance test plans for mobile apps; and managing system-improvement feedback from users, staff, and partners. Contribute to other areas of design and implementation as needed.
Support to Field Coordinators
- Coordinate across regional Field Coordinators and provide direct support to each, as needed, to ensure smooth and consistent implementation across project geographies. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating experience sharing across Field Coordinators to foster cross-regional collaboration, resolve common challenges, and promote consistent application of best practices
- Reviewing Field Coordinator documentation and reports to strengthen quality and synthesize learnings from across implementation areas
- Monitoring program dashboards and discussing with project team and partners to identify areas for improvement—within and across regions—and proposing solutions to resolve challenges
- Providing in-person support to Field Coordinators as needed. Areas of support include training digital health system users (health workers, partners, and government officials), app troubleshooting, etc.
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated, passionate individuals who are willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our projects succeed. The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skill set and attitude.
- Entry-level position for candidates with master’s degree; for all other candidates, at least 3 years’ experience in public health programs or with project management qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. public health, global development), master’s degree preferred
- Experience in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Sciences, Community Development, Social Work, Digital Health a plus
- Experience managing and motivating a team preferred, with demonstrated success in cultivating a positive, empowering environment for team members
- Can work independently with little oversight; self-motivated, takes initiative, and is accountable
- Strong analytical skills; ability to think logically and rationally about problems and solution oriented
- Must be able to handle complex priorities, collaborate effectively with a team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in Swahili and strong written and spoken English
- Tanzania national required
Salary Range: 39,000,000 TZS to 60,000,000 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered. This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only.
To apply for this position, please fill in the form here: https://forms.gle/nV93oa3BF5pZB4T88
You will need to include:
Cover letter that clearly and concisely explains how you meet the required skills and experience specified above
Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history and achievements.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled