Inventory Officer Job Opportunity At Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Position: Officer 3 – Inventory
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
- Department:Supply Chain
- Reporting to:Senior Supervisor – Inventory
- Number of Positions:One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to provide commercial assistance in respect of inventory control and cataloguing of standard stock items.
- Bachelor’s degree or Advance Diploma in Material Management / Procurement and Supply Management or equivalent qualifications
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in supply Chain Operations preferably in Mining industry, one of which should be in inventory control and Cataloguing
- Experience in the Mining Supply Chain will be an added advantage
- Experience with the Enterprise Resource planning (ERP) system preferable SAP system
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Cataloguing & Inventory Control
- Liaise with technical staff at the Business Unit and AGA (where Applicable)
- Ensure all items are appropriately classified (Standard Stock, Critical to safety / production, insurance spares, ORA etc.)
- Pull reports from SAP system and distribute the reports to the end users as to obtain sign off for possible redundancy
- Adjust Min/ Max levels on a continuous basis based on consumption variation by drawing appropriate reports from SAP
- Determine correct economic re-order quantity (EOQ) to realize cost saving
- Ask for reports on an ad hoc basis for the effective management of inventory
- Conduct periodic content checks of spares in the catalogue, in collaboration with the Senior Inventory Controller, to identical spares / components that may be stocked under different equipment for the purpose of doing item master amendment by cross – referencing such items
- Cleaning of Warehouse Catalogue as directed by Management in collaboration with the senior Supervisor Inventory
- Process cycle count / annual stock take reconciliation and system adjustment on SAP system
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and suggested changes (amendments) where required
- Should be able to develop effective working relationship across all levels of Organizations
- Should be both ready to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines
- Maintain a record of recurring direct purchase requisition to identify potentials for standard stock application
- Positive attitudes towards healthy, safety & environment compliance
- Draw appropriate stock audit report for ad hoc and formal stock audits upon request
- Assist in the stock audit process as instructed by Supervisor
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of Materials handling and handling Inventory
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Strong communications and administration skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office with proficiency in Ms. Excel including V/Loo up & Pivot Table functions
- Good problem – Solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to positive team environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 3 – Inventory”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 15th June 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com