ICT Help Desk Planner Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML): Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
ICT Help Desk Planner Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Position: ICT Help Desk Planner
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
- Department: Engineering
- Reporting to: IM Service Delivery Manager
- Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to achieve overall ICT services. The focus will be on responding to all calls which are logged via system, email or via call manages them well. Also assigning of call to the required IT personnel from the system.
- Certificate or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer hardware or equivalent
- ICT professional certification ITIL, CompTIA A+ will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ working experience in customer care related field
- Experience in Mining industry will be an added advantage
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assign calls to technical personnel
- Respond to requests for technical assistance over the phone or via service now system
- Categorize incidents and requests according to priority and urgency
- Train users (on demand) on how to use service now portal
- Prepare and present daily and monthly reports on IT support operations
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level, country, and regional support
- Understand the issues regarding administering and maintaining of GGM users, contractors as well as computer devices in active directory
- User account creation, password resets and unlock accounts on end users
- Provide remote supports on users’ machines
- Troubleshoot and configure emails on users’ machines as well as mobile devices
- Application installation and repair
- Assist IT team during internal and external audit
- Make sure the backup is done on time and tapes are transferred/ sent and stored to the right place as instructed.
- Hosting services (mapping shared folders and server access)
- Train users on SAP functionalities
- Participate in projects when required
- Learn and follow the safety requirements related to your work
- Consider what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safety before starting a task
- Speak up if you think a task cannot be done safety
- Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to your supervisor
- Talk to your Supervisor when you think you unable to work at your best
- Suggest ways you can improve Safety performance
- Promptly report all injuries, illnesses, and incidents
- Help others to work safety
- Tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information
- Good communication skills including a good command of English and Swahili (both written and verbal)
- Good in customer care
- Computer literate
- Should be a good team player
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “ICT Help Desk Planner”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https: //www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 12th August 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
How To Apply
To apply for the ICT Help Desk Planner Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) please click on the link below to access the application form.
Other Job Openings: