How to Unsend a Sent Email 2021
How to Unsend a Sent Email
Have you ever Send an email by mistake and regretted an email immediately after sending it and wish you could take it back before it reaches your recipients? We all have,Don’t panic there still some chance to save yourself from Embarrassment.
Popular email services such as Gmail, Outlook and Mail-bird offer their user the ability to recall an emails few second after user hut send Button.
Here the trick is that you need to have the unsend feature enable at the first place. Once enabled, “Undo Send” will apper soon you send any email give you a chance to unsend your email if you change your mind or you notice any mistake. The Undo Send feature does not retrieve your email from other people’s inboxes; It only delays sending your email, giving you a chance to change your mind before it’s too late. In this article, we will show you How to Unsend a Sent Email in these email services.
How to Unsend a Sent Email From Gmail
Gmail’s “Undo Send” feature is turned on automatically, but you can adjust the length of time emails are held from the default five seconds which is very short up to 30 seconds. We recommend to have yours set for 20 seconds – but you can pick whatever feels best for you.
With “Undo Send” Feature enabled your email is put on hold and won’t be sent until the time frame you’ve specified has passed. During this time, you can click an option to recall your email in Gmail and perform any adjustment in case you made any mistake from first one.
Here’s is a step by step guide on how to configure this feature and use it in Gmail account
- Open Gmail.
- Click the gear icon at the top right, and select View all settings.
- Click on the “General” tab at the top if you are not already there.
- Scroll down and find the Undo Send option.
- Click the Send cancellation period drop-down menu, and choose the amount of time you want the emails to be kept before they are actually sent. You can choose to delay your emails anywhere from five to 30 seconds.
- Click Save changes at the bottom to apply the changes.
- To use this feature, create a new email by clicking Create ( + ).
- Type the content of your email and hit send as you normally would.
- A text message saying “Message sent” will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- To recall your email, click Undo the prompt.
- Your email will be recalled.
How to Unsend a Sent Email From Outlook For Web
Outlook for the web is loaded with many of the features you already know in the Outlook desktop app. This includes the option to recall sent emails.
- Go to the Outlook website and sign in to your account.
- Click the Cog icon at the top right, scroll all the way down, and select View all Outlook settings.
- This opens the main settings menu for Outlook on the web.
- Click Mail in the far left menu, then select Create and reply from the middle column.
- Scroll down the left panel until you see the Undo Send option.
- Drag the slider in this section to select how long you are allowed to unsend an email.
- When done, click “Save” at the bottom to save your settings.
- To use this feature, create and send a new email on the Outlook web app.
- A notification saying Submit will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Undo to cancel sending the email you just sent.
What about Yahoo email services and default apps on both Windows and macOS?
Yahoo Mail currently does not give you the ability to restore sent emails. The same is true for the default mail apps on both Windows and macOS.