How to Merge multiple Pdf files on mac
There are times when life does not give you a complete PDF. If you have multiple pages left or a PDF document in multiple parts, you’ll need to combine it into a single file on your Mac before sending it. Here’s how to combine multiple PDFs on Mac with built-in tools The latest Mac-OS Mojave and Catalina versions make merging PDFs incredibly easy, all thanks to the macOS Finder.
The new Finder displays previews of your files and adds a context menu on the side, allowing Mac users to perform a series of quick actions. One such measure is the ability to create PDF files from a selection. You can find the Quick Actions menu on the right side under the individual properties of the files you selected. If the Create PDF functionality is clearly not available, clicking the More icon should bring it up.
- Open Finder and select all the PDF files that you want to combine.
- Once you have selected the files you wish to merge, the Finder window will show a preview of the files with a Create PDF button underneath. click that and a new PDF is created for you.
- You can open the newly created file with Preview. The page order can be changed simply by dragging and dropping the page thumbnails on the left side. You can also annotate or rotate pages as needed.
- Once finished, be sure to rename the newly merged file so you know what it is. Select File> Rename to do this.
Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac Preview is one of the hidden gems of macOS. Not only is it great for editing images and signing documents, but you can also perform simple PDF operations without paying for a dedicated PDF editing app. With the Preview application, you can easily merge multiple PDF documents. You can also add a couple of pages from a different PDF document.
- Open your PDF file in the Preview app. Then make sure you can see the Thumbnails bar on the left side of the window. If you can’t see it, click the “Sidebar” button and click the “Thumbnails” option.
- Choose View > Thumbnails to show page thumbnails in the sidebar. [icon type=”vector” icon=”brankic-icon-number3″ size=”24″ hover_animation=”border_increase” ]To indicate where to insert the other document, select a page thumbnail.
- Choose Edit > Insert > Page from File,* select the PDF that you want to add, then click Open.
- To save, choose File > Export as PDF.