Gumtree Online Shopping South africa
Gumtree Online Shopping Tips South africa; Gumtree South africa; Buy and Sell on Gumtree South africa
Gumtree is the free online and mobile classifieds platform that provides a flexible and efficient marketplace to meet buyers and sellers. Gumtree offers free listings to advertisers, both individuals and businesses, allowing them to connect directly and unlimited to their market.
“Put it on gumtree” line is one among the famous and favorite South African saying. Since their launch in 2005, Gumtree has helped millions of people buy and sell millions of things. Its one among the online shoping platform trusted by many, a familiar space that’s easy to navigate, and a classified website that just works – whether on your mobile phone or desktop. Here we will take you through Gumtree Online Shopping Tips to buy and sell safely in South africa
Safety Tips for buyers in Gumtree South africa
- Always check and inspect the product before paying for it.
- If you make an appointment to inspect a product, don’t bring cash until you know you want to buy the product.
- Meet the seller in a public place, don’t go there yourself, and bring a friend for safety.
- If the product has been used, ask when the product was purchased
- To avoid any further issue with the authorities, we advise you not to buy any used product without its original box or receipt as this is the only way to prove that the product you are about to buy has not been stolen.
NOTE: If you buy a stolen product, especially a phone, you will end up being tracked and coughed up by the police, and of course all charges will be on you. Thus, when looking for a used smartphone device, you should be more careful and never buy it if the seller does not have a box or receipt.
- Ask how the product will be delivered
- Avoid making an overnight appointment with any seller
- Do not pay upfront for any product.
- Do not trust the photo previews posted by the sellers, they will always mislead you, go check the product with your own eyes.
- Agree how to pay and deliver
Safety Tips for the seller in Gumtree South africa
- Make sure to upload an accurate product image
- Make sure the contacts you have listed are active
- Make sure to meet the buyer in a public place
- Beware of fake messages, dial a phone number
- Avoid bringing your product to buyer’s home before payment is received
- Do not sell stolen products, it is against the law
- If you want to sell at the best price in Gumtree South africa, be patient and wait for many offers to come so that you can choose the best one
Understand Rules, Terms & Conditions operating in Gumtree South africa before using their service