Global Research Lead UPGI Jobs At Brac Tanzania 2022: BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and postdisaster settings.
It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
Global Research Lead UPGI Jobs At Brac Tanzania 2022
The UPGI team is globally located and there is some flexibility in terms of location, but preference will be given to candidates who are based in Africa or Asia. The role will be expected to undertake international travel for purposes related to research and policy engagement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing a coherent body of research that advances UPGI’s mission and strengthens its reputation, including identifying new research agendas and leading on the design and delivery of robust research (including research design, project management, technical support, field research as appropriate, analysis and report writing)
- Building and maintaining an appropriate network of internal and external research partners, identifying and working with partners and researchers, including from UPGI country contexts, to design and undertake research
- Authoring peer reviewed reports, policy briefs, opinion pieces and other publications ensuring these are robust, policy-relevant and accessible.
- Contributing to the development of UPGI policy recommendations based on research evidence
- Actively disseminating research findings and undertake external engagements through advisory work, convening and engaging in public events, media work and social media engagement.
- Undertake senior-level representation and external engagement for UPGI on major research and policy agendas, interacting with senior officials and policymakers and providing senior level representation in major research and policy agendas to position UPGI as an intellectual leader and influential actor.
The candidate for Global Research Lead, Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative should have a deep commitment toward international development and the eradication of extreme poverty, and the following :
- Fluency in English and a capacity to write clearly in English, with good presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently on discrete pieces of research
- Experience in developing countries and/or transitional economies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a collegiate approach to team work and team members and the ability to work in partnership – including at a distance – and to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to advancing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) principles
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline;
- At least 10 years of related research experience with developing and delivering formative research on economic development and/or multi-dimensional poverty, with a particular focus on economic inclusion.
- Proven experience and expertise with designing and leading research and learning syntheses for projects and programmes on economic development and reforms;
- Demonstrable experience with research and evaluation design including mixedmethods research approaches; qualitative and quantitative data syntheses and interpretation skills and ability to condense, refine, and tailor large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data for external audiences; thorough understanding of research ethics)
- Experience with using information management systems and software to house and analyse data, familiarity with data visualisation tools
- Experience in leading the production of academic and policy research outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research into policy-relevant communications
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to think critically about primary and secondary literature and perform meta-analytical research
- Fluency and a good speaking and reading command of at least one other language (eg. local language) is welcome;
- Relevant personal contacts and networks in the candidate’s specialist areas (e.g. multilateral organisations, NGOs and research institutions, and government)
- Statistical analysis and experience in visualizing quantitative data
How to Apply Global Research Lead UPGI Jobs At Brac Tanzania 2022
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- External candidates need to submit CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and expected salary to BRAC International.
- Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 84/22 in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline For Global Research Lead UPGI Jobs At Brac Tanzania 2022 is August 9, 2022