Online registration for Grade R 2022 Gauteng | GDE Grade 8 Online Registration For 2022
Every year, when school starts at the end of the academic calendar, applicants all across Gauteng wait anxiously to find out if they will be accepted into the schools their children are zoned for. Thousands of submissions are filed annually with only a small number of them being accepted. If your students or a parent looking for information about the Gauteng Department of Education GDE Grade 8 Online Registration For 2022/2023 you have come to the right place.
Here we’ll provide you with all information regarding GDE Grade 8 Online Registration For 2022 including’s When does the 2023 GDE admissions period start and end?, What is the current placement period for GDE? and How to register for Gauteng Grade 8 learner online?
GDE Grade 8 Online Registration
GDE admissions 2022/2023 registration is the process whereby parents applied for admission of learners to public schools in the Gauteng province for grade 1 and 8, the Gauteng Department of Education Administration is responsible for the process of registering a learner for school (grade 1 and 8) in the Gauteng Province.
The Gauteng Department of Education is the Government Department responsible for matters related to education and the admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools in the province.
Gauteng’s Department of Education is mandated to provide compulsory basic education for all learners in the province. The department also commits to providing a functional and modern school system that enables quality teaching and learning, promotes equality, protects the rights of each learner by offering relevant curriculums tailored to their needs as well as an environment where creative thinking can flourish.
When does the 2023 GDE admissions period start and end?
GDE online application/registration for admission of learners to Public Ordinary Schools for grade 8 and 1 in Gauteng province will start from 22 July 2022. Parents must apply through the Gauteng Department of Education GDE admission portal.
The deadline to apply for GDE Grade 8 Online Registration for Public Ordinary Schools in Gauteng province is 19 August 2022.
GDE Grade 8 Online Registration For 2022/2023 | How To Register Now
Below You will find instruction how how to start registration for the 2022/2023 Gauteng Department of Education grade 8 online registration along with all necessary information to help you complete registration.
Parents and guardians will need to submit the following documents within seven days of applying:
- Parent and Child ID or Passport
- Refugee Permit
- Asylum Seeker Permit
- South African Birth Certificate
- Permanent Residence Permit
- Study Permit
- Proof of Home Address
- Proof of Work Address
- Latest School Report and Clinic Card/Immunisation Report (Grade 1 only)
According to the Department, parents and guardians will have until August 26, 2022 (7 days after the application process finishes) to upload or submit their documentation.
Documents uploaded or submitted after the application period’s closing date, however, will be deemed incomplete applications and will only be placed at available schools from December 1-15, 2022.
This year, while applying, candidates will be able to select one of the available languages. It will show the Language of Learning and Teaching, as well as the home languages and other languages offered by each school.
Furthermore, unlike in past years, all GDE online admissions applicants will be allowed to apply to a school of their choosing using the application option they have chosen.
GDE Grade 8 Online Registration For 2022 Admission regulations
It must be noted that placement will be conducted as per the following admission regulations
- Home address within feeder zone
- Work address
- Within 30km Radius
- Beyond 30km Radius
Getting Started Applying For The GDE Grade 8 Online Registration
When starting the online registration process for your child, you should follow these three important steps to ensure an accurate application. These steps includes
- Accessing GDE Grade 8 Online Registration
- Entering the parent/legal guardian’s information
- Entering the learner’s information
- Applying to Schools
Accessing GDE Grade 8 Online Registration Portal
Entering the parent/legal guardian’s information
When you visit the GDE’s official website, the first thing you must do is click on the Apply for 2022 button or register by filling out the online form. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click I Accept. Then proceed to the next stage of the application procedure.
After that, you will continue to a page where you will be required to fill in your personal information before continuing onto the final stage of submitting your application for consideration.
When the “Enter Parent/Guardian Details” form opens, you must fill in every asterisk-marked field. The municipality, street name and number, your phone number, and so on are all essential.
Then you must input your South African ID number. You may leave the phone number and email address boxes blank.
You will be required to create a username and a password throughout the application process. This password will be required when you enter the main application.
The password must be unique and contain at least eight characters, which must include a capital letter, small letters, a special character, and numerals. Don’t forget to write it down and put it somewhere secure. You may, however, reset your password or username if you forget it.
Entering the learner’s information
On the following page, titled Enter Learners Details, you must:
- Fill in your child’s details, including whether or not the learner is South African, his or her identity number, province, and current grade.
- After you have completed all of the essential fields, click the “Submit Learner Details” button.
Applying to Schools
- Choose an application option. In order to complete the third step, You will have to select one of the following options: Home Address, Sibling Name, Work Address, School Within 30 Kilometers, School Beyond 30 Kilometers or School Of Focus Learning
- When you pick “home address” or “work address,” the system will automatically filter the schools and ask you to select one that is close to your home or job.
- You can also apply to a school where your sibling is enrolled if you select the sibling option. You will need to provide personal details for both yourself and your sibling including name, surname, and school where your sibling study
- If you want to find all nearby schools within the radius of your homes address, then use the option considering the school within or beyond 30-kilometer radius of home address
- The last option you can opt for is “school of focus learning”, the list of such types of schools will pop up. The learner will have to complete admission tests.
Note: You can apply to a maximum of 5 schools per child. Follow the video guide below for step by step guide