GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022
GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022 | GCRA Bursary Application Form 2022
About The Bursary Provider – Gcra
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education, a sector of the South African government responsible for skills development within the province. GCRA helps develop students’ skills within the province, by facilitating and coordinating scholarships, internships, learning programs and career guidance.
About The Gcra Bursary Programme – Fields Covered
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) invites students residing in Gauteng to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. The GCRA bursary provides funding for undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, in any field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Registration fees,
- Tuition fees,
- Accommodation in residence (to a maximum value of R65 000) or off-campus/ private accommodation (to a maximum value of R47 000),
- Living allowance for off-campus/ private accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 to 4 weeks after the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback 4 weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Requirements For GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022
Applicants must meet the following minimum admission criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all requirements will result in your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Gauteng province
- You must be between 18 to 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- Undergraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution (Post School Education and Training)
- Postgraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards a postgraduate qualification at an accredited institution of higher learning
Students who meet any of the following three criteria will automatically qualify for the scholarship (but must still apply):
- Top achievers at a Gauteng-based school
- Top 3 learners from no-fee paying Gauteng-based school
- Top 3 learners from Learners with Special Education Needs (LSEN) Gauteng-based school
GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022
Below are the steps to be followed to successfully GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022 academic year
Applications must be done submitted online at: GCRA Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can Login and apply.
The application process will include the following steps:
- Step 1: Personal Profile, including: personal information, address and contact information, Matric final results and details, and parent or guardian details.
- Step 2: tertiary institution results and details, information about any other sponsors, uploading supporting documentation and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
If you are unsure which type of bursary to apply for, please note the following:
- New Intake means you applying to the GCRA bursary for the first time
- Renewal means you were funded by the GCRA bursary in the previous year, and you are now reapplying
- Reinstatement means your bursary was suspended and you have now satisfyed the conditions to have your bursary reinstated
- Top Achievers means you are one of the top Achiever within Gauteng
- Top 3 Achiever means you attended a no fee paying school
- Top 3 in LSEN (learners with special educational needs) Schools
- MEC/HOD Discretion means the MEC/HOD advised you to apply for a bursary
- Veteran Discretion means you are a child of a Military Veteran
- Financial Assistance means you have finance, but require assistance
- Top Ups means you have an existing bursary, but need additional funding
If you need help with the bursary application process, please download the GCRA Bursary Application Guidelines (.pdf)