GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022 | Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary Application
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is inviting students residing in Gauteng, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. The GCRA bursary provides funding Undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications, in ANY field of study.
About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education, a sector of the South African government which is responsible for skill development within Province. The GCRA helps develop skills of students within the province, by way of facilitation and coordination of bursaries, internships, learnerships and career guidance programmes.
Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary Coverage
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary cover for the following expenses
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees,
- Accommodation in residence (to a maximum value of R65 000) or off-campus/ private accommodation (to a maximum value of R47 000)
- Books, laptop and
- Living allowance for off-campus/ private accommodation.
Candidates who are selected will be contacted within 3-4 weeks from the application deadline. If you do not receive feedback four weeks after the deadline, Please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Eligibility For GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022
Applicants must meet the following minimum admission criteria before applying (please note that if you do not meet all the requirements, your application will not be considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 to 35 years old
- You must reside within the Gauteng province
- You must have completed Matric in Gauteng
- Undergraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution (Post School Education and Training)
- Postgraduate students: you must be studying or have been accepted to study towards a postgraduate qualification at an accredited institution of higher learning
GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022
Applications must be done submitted online at: GCRA Bursary Application 2022
Closing Date for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary
The closing date for the GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022 is 28 February 2022. (Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Required Documents For Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary Application
Please submit a clear copy of the following supporting documents along with your GCRA Bursary Online Application 2022 (submission of these documents is mandatory; any missing items may disqualify your application).
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised PSET institution/ institution of higher learning (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of address in Gauteng (Water and Electricity bill/ stamped ward councilors letter/ letter from traditional authority if in a rural area)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you require and deserve to be awarded the bursary: maximum 2 pages)
- Disability or medical report if disabled
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
Note: ensure that your documents are labelled correctly (example: “ID copy” for the copy of your Identity Document), saved in pdf format and NOT bigger than 2MB each).