Fraud and Forensic Investigations Officer Job Vacancy at ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited: Absa Bank Tanzania is part of Absa Group Limited, an African financial services group that aims to be the pride of the continent. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE in South Africa and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 42, 000 employees
Absa Bank is committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges and everything we do is focused on adding value. To this end, we offer our clients a range of retail, business, corporate and investment, and wealth management solutions. We also ensure a positive impact in all the countries where we operate. Absa Bank is a truly African brand, inspired by the people we serve and determined to always be brave, passionate and ready so that we can make our continent proud.
Fraud and Forensic Investigations Officer Job Vacancy at ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited
The Converged Security Office is responsible for managing risks inherent in the business activities undertaken by the Bank. This includes the management of Forensic and Cyber Forensic investigations across bank, Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB), Retail Banking, Business Banking, Markets and the other functions. One of the key functional pillars within the Converged Security Office environment is conducting investigations.
The job holder will report to ABT Chief Operating Officer and matrix line manager to ARO Head of CSO and will need to provide the strategic direction of the implementation, embedment and management of an independent Africa Investigations capability, to respond to referrals from across Absa Group Limited. The responsibilities will also include the prioritization of the Investigations, quality of product, efficiency, effectiveness and responsiveness of the business unit, whilst also being the senior contact point for investigations within Absa Bank Tanzania Limited and a member of relevant governance committees
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Oversee all the premises security activities and security guards’ activity and report to the Country security Manager.
- Passing the Security instruction received from Converged security office to the guards and ensure that they are implemented.
- Report all incidents to CSM on the given prescribed Incident Reporting form on daily or as & when required basis.
- Security incident and activity must be reported on an appropriate occurrence to the Security tools and maintained record
- Maintain an updated Security File and MI Reports
- Perform due diligence checks of all security equipment and ensure that they are functioning properly. Highlight discrepancies to the Converged security office for corrective actions.
- Implement access control procedures and all other security related policies that have been advised by Converged security office
- Ensure that Absa Security policy is being followed and updated in all respect.
- Fraud Fabric monitoring (for change of mobile numbers and email addresses).
- Conducting and recording investigative interviews.
- Ensuring evidence are collected, preserved and well kept.
- Conducting investigation for card related cases and provide quality investigation reports for the same.
- Identify fraud in all assets, liabilities, merchants on boarding and credit card on sybrin and BOC Systems
- Thorough examination of all scanned liabilities and asset to identify fraudulent applications.
- Clear sybrin and BOC cases on FRMU queue
- Manage other systems like Metron, Device and Session.
- Assist the line Manager and COO to create risk awareness within operations at all levels of staff for staff to understand all items of risk relating to their jobs as well how their jobs relate to the various acts and accords
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part.
- Adhere to Absa policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
- Ability to influence
- Presentations skills
- Communication skills (Written)
- Report (including instructions) writing
- PC skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- Passionate about Forensic Investigations, Risk management and Physical Security
Essential and preferred Experience
- A good understanding of all the core processes and Bank products.
- Risk management
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Audit and Control environment
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage competing demands and priorities
- A Graduate specialized in Auditing/Controls/Investigations/Report writting
- A degree in law enforcement, law, auditing or any other field relating to the role of the officer.
The values provides a framework for how we in Absa work together and how we serve our customers and the communities we are in;
- I drive High Performance to achieve sustainable results.
- I am obsessed with the Customer.
- I have African Heartbeat.
- I believe our People are our Strength.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Application Deadline: 2022-07-12