First Ofﬁcer Job Vacancy at Air Excel
JOB DESCRIPTION – C208B First Ofﬁcer
Our mission at Air Excel is to safely transport passengers by air within Tanzania and East Africa, and to provide the best experience while doing so.
Air Excel is an owner-run and -operated airline with over four decades of experience in the Tanzanian aviation industry. The ﬂeet is currently seven aircraft strong – comprising six Cessna Grand Caravans (C208B) and one twin-engine Let 410 E20.
The company specialises in bespoke private ﬂights (air charters and scenic ﬂying) throughout Tanzania and surrounding East African countries; and daily scheduled ﬂights connecting the Northern Safari Circuit with Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Dolly (Kili Golf).
- Role Title: C208B First Ofﬁcer
- Role level: First Ofﬁcer
- Reporting to: Director of Flight Operations
- Location: Arusha, Tanzania
- Remuneration: To be determined by pilots experience, total hours & time on type
We are seeking a C208B First Ofﬁcer to join our ﬂight crew; represent the company; and both safely and efﬁciently assist in transporting passengers within Tanzania and to/from surrounding East African countries.
Join our team at the forefront of our operation and deliver the highly demanded link travellers to Tanzania require to complete their safari-going experience.
- Complete all tasks in this supportive role as per the companies Standard Operating Procedures and operations departments’ instructions – ensuring all rules and regulations are followed.
- Follow all instructions from the Captain you are partnered with on each ﬂight.
- Represent the company in a polite, professional and respectful manner as you are in the presence of the passenger/clients
- Ensure to maintain a valid Tanzanian pilot’s licence at all times.
- Ensure to complete and keep track of all necessary paperwork in relation to your ﬂights in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Communicate in a clear, efﬁcient, professional and respectful manner with all colleagues and departments.
You will have:
- Minimum total time = 500 hours
- Valid Tanzanian licence with Medical and Instrument Rating
- Hold Tanzanian citizenship
- No accident/incident history in the last 5 years
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relocate to Arusha
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Time on C208 is preferred
- Ability to start work immediately
- Proﬁciency in additional languages
- Familiarity with Tanzanian ﬂight operations, including Northern Tanzania (Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti)
- Familiarity operating scenic ﬂights, speciﬁcally Mt. Kilimanjaro & other Tanzania landmarks
- A background in safari-planning or tourism in East Africa
How to apply First Ofﬁcer Job Vacancy at Air Excel:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected] and Cc [email protected] as soon as possible.
- Add C208B First Ofﬁcer as the email subject.
- Please also include any letter of recommendation.
Once the position has been ﬁlled this posting will be removed.