Database Administrator Job Vacancies At CRDB Bank Plc 2022
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
If you have what it takes to be Database Administrator then good news is CRDB Bank is looking for you. Here we’ll provide you with all requirements and qualification needed to apply for the Database Administrator Job Vacancies At CRDB Bank Plc 2022
- JOB TITLE: Database Administrator-
- Position: 1 position
- Contract: 1 year contract
- Reporting line- Manager; Database & Middleware Administration
To perform basic database administration functions for the bank’s entire database management systems while ensuring that best practices for the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of database systems are maintained.
- Perform daily database administration activities among others including configuration & monitoring, space management, capacity planning, database backup and recovery, and disaster recovery setup.
- Perform the day-to-day support and troubleshooting of enterprise databases, including analysis, troubleshooting, resolving and repair of production, test and disaster recovery issues as well as fulfilling query requests from the business (ad hoc and scheduled).
- Proactively monitor database systems with tools to ensure secure services with limited downtime.
- Participates in data architecture requirements discussions and recommends usage of appropriate database and data management technology.
- Perform database installations and upgrades of Server Software and related products (e.g. WebLogic Application Servers).
- Manage database security.
- Manage database backups and recovery activities.
- Provide off-hours support for scheduled processing and system maintenance.
- Provide team leadership to database administrators.
- Manage and escalate cases to vendors for problem resolution.
- Attend to any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in complex oracle database administration.
- Vast experience in shell scripting.
- Professional certifications OCA and OCP in Oracle Database 11g or higher will be added advantage.
- Technical knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL, and various new emerging databases.
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX administration.
- ICT Service Management skills.