Compliance Officer New Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd 2022 | Nafasi mpya za kazi Geita Gold Mining Ltd: Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML or Geita mine), one of AngloGold Ashanti’s flagship mines, is located in North-Western Tanzania in the Lake Victoria goldfields in Geita region, about 120km from Mwanza City and 4km west of the township of Geita. It has been in operation as a large-scale mine since 2000 but mining has taken place in the area since the 1930s. The Geita gold deposit is currently mined as a multiple open-pit and underground operation.
Compliance Officer New Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd 2022
- Vacancy : Compliance Officer: Tanzania
- Department : Group Legal
- Location : Tanzania
- REPORTING TO: Vice President: Group Compliance
- REMUNERATION: As per the AGA salary scales.
A vacancy exists in the Group Legal department for a Compliance Officer: Tanzania.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The role holder will be accountable for Compliance matters in our operations in Tanzania. These matters include compliance trainings, declarations, communications, reporting, combined assurance audits, policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, agents and intermediaries, third-party due diligence, responsible sourcing, books and records and ethics.
Qualifications And Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in legal or relevant field.
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- 5 years’ relevant experience, with at least 1 year in a listed global, matrix organisation.
- Knowledge of procedure and principles pertaining to legal practice in Tanzania
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, organisation and administration skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Presentation skills.
- Organisation and administration skills.
- Deadline driven and detail Conscious.
- Interpersonal skills and Team player.
- Management of online training with IT and HR through Learning Management System (“LMS”) for all Compliance related training, ensure training is allocated to joiners, current employees and relevant contractors as required.
- Management of technical queries related to online training with IT.
- Ensure that the assigned training modules/programmes for the country/site are completed within the required time frame. Assist and guide employees where necessary and escalate to Group Compliance as needed.
- Reporting of the completion of all courses at site/country level.
- Follow up with learning defaulters through to completion and/or escalate issues where relevant.
- Conduct employee/contractor induction and other “face to face” training on Compliance and Ethics and other regulatory compliance training as required.
- Assist with update and renewal of training material to ensure relevance.
- Management of site/country declarations in relation to conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and sponsorships.
- Monitor and assess “integrity” of management actions when approving or disallowing. Issue reports based on site and nature and management actions (approval, rejection etc.).
- Management of online registers for political activities and communication on them as necessary.
- Maintain calendar for local/national elections.
- Manage and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the country, including communicating key compliance messaging to the country/site, including to promoted heightened awareness of the Code of Business Principles and Ethics, policies and procedures, and bribery/corruption, ethics, conflicts of interest, gifts, etc.)
- Work with management to ensure that senior managers are also reinforcing these communications.
Compilation of reporting internally including for local Audit and Risk, AGA Social, Ethics and Sustainability, Serious Concerns committee and externally (including 20-F, IAR, Sustainability Report etc.) as applicable, in the compilation and aggregation of Compliance Data in relation to Conflicts of Interest Declarations, Gifts, Responsible Sourcing, legal registers, training, confidential reporting, investigations etc.
Combined Assurance Audits
Participate and provide input into Combined Assurance Audits.
Policies and procedures
Assist in the review/ development and implementation of country/site policies and procedures.
Group-wide Compliance alignment
Alignment and implementation of the necessary systems and processes at country and site to meet Group-wide compliance, ethics, anti-corruption and anti-bribery program objectives. Collaborate with other departments, including internal audit, security, procurement, legal, human resources, etc.
- Conduct certification of country legal registers (including in relation to Tailing Storage Facilities) to ensure that AGA complies with applicable laws.
- Assist with ensuring in-country compliance to the broad spectrum of regulatory and legislative requirements.
Agents and Intermediaries
Maintain registry of Agents and intermediaries in line with Procedure on Engagements of Agents and Government Intermediaries and ensure compliance with the requirements of the procedure.
Third Party due diligence
Co-ordinate, manage and monitor third party due diligence, including (i) suppliers/vendors (ii) agents/ intermediaries, and (iii) potential Directors; (iv) JV partners (v) project partners (vi) CSI projects (vii) other ad hoc requests.
- Assess Supplier Assessment Questionnaires and perform compliance-related due diligence on vendors.
- Understand and classify vendors according to their risk profile, manage and mitigate the risk posed by the vendor by implementing sufficient controls.
Books and Records: Government Officials
- Ensure that all payments to government officials are completely and accurately reported in AGA books and records.
- Assist in compiling, auditing, and reviewing the relevant registers and documentation supporting these payments.
Reporting and Investigation of compliance incidents or violations
- Identify and report compliance violations (and potential violations, including potential violations of the Code of Business Principles and Ethics).
- Conduct and assist with Compliance related investigations where required.
Advice on Compliance and Ethics matters
Provide guidance and advice to staff on all compliance and ethics related matters.
Please complete the Internal Job Application Form and kindly inform your Line Manager, Manager once Removed and HR Manager of your intentions. Submit the signed Internal Job Application Form with your comprehensive CV via Success factors (follow link below) by close of business on 25 July 2022.
Please note that applications should be submitted before the 25 July 2022 and applicants not contacted within 30 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY >> Compliance Officer New Jobs At Geita Gold Mining Ltd 2022