Community Relationship Jobs at Tembo Nickel: Tembo Nickel is the largest development-ready nickel sulphide deposit in the world, unmatched in scale and grade, with at least 30 years life of mine and further exploration upside.
The Kabanga nickel project will be a cradle-to-gate mining operation producing Class 1 nickel, cobalt and copper refined metals in Tanzania by adopting a hydrometallurgical processing technology that is more cost efficient than smelting and has a significantly lower environmental impact
Tembo Nickel is among of the company that offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this positions.
Community Relationship Jobs at Tembo Nickel June 2022
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Community Relations Lead for RAP Social Safeguards to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. We are looking for a driven and proactive implementer that can successfully monitor and operationalize the execution of the RAP.
Reporting to the Social Performance Manager, you will have responsibility for various aspects of the resettlement, including developing and strengthening stakeholder relations, community development post-resettlement, gender mainstreaming and human rights.
She/he will have full responsibility for the assigned activities and be one of the primary interfaces with the identified local stakeholders. S/he will maintain regular communications with local government officials and other strategic partners at Village, Ward, Districts and Regional level.
She/he will work with the TN CR, engagement and community development, team and be guided by the RAP consultants’ planning, activities, and recommendations.
The purpose of the position is to ensure Tembo Nickel are active in the process, coordinate and assist in early identification and planning of livelihood improvement needs, social support requirements, address environmental resettlement concerns and develop necessary programs that ease the resettlement transition for the project affected individuals.
- This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the Social Performance Manager
- Duty Station : Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara
- Working Roster: 6 weeks On and 3 weeks Off
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of coordination between TN and RAP consultant and ensuring that Tembo Nickel provide the necessary assistance to the RAP process and the consultant team.
- Ensure that potential environmental and socio-economic resettlement impacts are addressed, and appropriate mitigation activities are developed in cooperation with the RAP consultant.
- Facilitate RAP engagement forums such as the District Consultative Committee and the Resettlement Working Group.
- Facilitate the planning and coordination of the RAP plan and engagements.
- Act as liaison with external stakeholders within the region on all resettlement issues
- Monitor the delivery of core resettlement services to ensure that Human Rights Impacts are mitigated, and that TN are compliant with all national and international standards
- Ensure that all electronic resettlement files and databases are maintained in accordance with contract requirements and ail records required by Tembo Nickel are submitted on time.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to assess resettlement activities with CR M&E officer in collaboration with RAP consultant.
- Manage budgets and approve expenses for resettlement related costs, ensuring costs are maintained within allocated budgets
- Provide mentorship and support to staff around professional development, workload management, trauma-informed approach, and staff wellness
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork through regular Team meetings and on-going training
- Conduct mid-year and annual performance management evaluation.
Community Relations Lead-Rap Social Safeguards Job Vacancy at Tembo Nickel Corporation
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least Bachelor degree in Social, Economic, Environmental, International Development, Rural Planning, Public Administration and Policy or other relevant field or experience
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Solid understanding of environmental and social risks and safeguards, International Standards and Human Rights
- Ability to establish collaborative partnerships with national and international NGOs, institutions, and Local Government authorities to implement durable solutions for the project affected persons.
- Ability to engage and enable active participation of regional administration, district local government authority and local communities
- Ability to develop plans, budgets, and reports
- Experienced in M&E and learning
- Ability to coordinate, lead and mentor
- Strong writing skills in English and Swahili
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected] or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge
Application closing date is 10th July,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process