Auto Electricians Job Vacancies At North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Auto Electricians to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara: The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border. North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Maintaining, repairing electrical issues, diagnostics/Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of Mining machines (i.e. SANDVIK, CAT, NORMET).
- Coordinate activities in the unit and report supervisor.
- Ensure that mobile equipment maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Involvement with developing training programs for national workforce and carrying out competency assessments.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Full compliance with the OEM repair procedures and all safety and training protocols.
- Complete all training module within the auto electrical and maintenance skills matrix program.
- Monitor mining auto electrical activities and eliminate any wasteful practices, ensuring agreed target for maintenance met.
- Support and work through the departmental tactical plans to achieve the overall business objective.
- Developing and managing equipment component change outs and rebuilds where necessary.
- Investigate and implement latest technology that will improve auto electrical works.
- Perform any task as instructed by report line supervisor.
- Perform basic mechanical fitting, rubber lining, scaffolding and rigging works as instructed by your supervisor.
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents to ensure equipment or work area remains clean and tidy.
- Clean, maintain, repair and rebuild mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders on time, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies then organize with supervisor
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility.
Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training (FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent).
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
- Certification in air conditioning systems repairs.
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a mine auto electrical maintenance role.
- Good working knowledge of auto electrical maintenance planning/scheduling.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Experienced in maintenance practices and techniques.
- Experience in open cast and Underground mining essential.
- Air conditioning systems experience in troubleshooting and repair is necessary.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
How to apply Auto Electricians Job Vacancies At North Mara Gold Mine Limited:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Auto Electrician” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Please forward applications before 24th June, 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.