Agar Hamilton trust bursary 2022
How To Apply The Agar Hamilton trust bursary 2022 | Agar Hamilton Trust Bursary Application Form
The Trust was established in accordance with the will of the late John Augustus Eon Agar Hamilton, who died on June 16, 1984, to provide bursaries to assist students in need to attend a school, college, university and/or any other educational institution within the Republic of South Africa. These persons must be of reasonable academic merit, who will mature into useful citizens, of good morals, speech and intelligence.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust awards bursary every year to male students under the age of 25, who speak English and are of predominantly British descent, who are members of the Anglican Church. Students who are in school, college or university can apply if they have a strong academic record and are unable to afford their studies.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance.
Eligibility requirements for the agar hamilton trust bursary 2022
Applicants must meet the following minimum admission criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all requirements will result in your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 25 years old on 1 January 2022
- You must be Male
- You must be English-speaking
- You must have a predominantly British descent
- You must be a recognised member and active communicant of a church belonging to the Anglican Communion
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a University, College or other educational institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
How To Apply The Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursaries
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with your completed application form (submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application will be discarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of British descent (birth certificates, passports etc)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- A Latest academic report, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Testimonials from referees (see clause 7 of the application form for more information)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AGAR-HAMILTON TRUST BURSARY
31 August 2021 for new applications, and 31 December 2021 for renewed applications.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86