Adams State University Freshman Admission Requirements
About Adams State University
Adams State University can be found in Alamosa, Colorado, and is a public college that focuses only on a few programs offered. Adams State University has approximately 3,200 students enrolled.
Students can report either the SAT Exam or ACT scores to this school. A score within the range of 890 – 1090 on the SAT exam, or 17 – 22 on the ACT exam is among the 25th – 75th percentile range among accepted students. We were able to estimate the Adams State University average GPA (2.80 – 3.14) of admitted students by applying sampled GPA data on over 150 schools
Adams State University Admission Requirements
You can apply at any time after you have completed your junior year in high school. The admission criteria for the first time relates to students applying to enter the university immediately after graduating from high school.
- Official high school transcripts. All transcripts must arrive at Adams State in an unopened envelope from the sending institution printed within the last 6 months to be considered official.
- Optional SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- Adams State University is test-optional. Test-optional means you can choose whether or not to submit your SAT/ACT scores to us to consider for your admissions decision.
- Applicants who choose not to submit a test score for admission will not be negatively impacted.
- All SAT/ACT scores must arrive at Adams State either on an official high school transcript or directly from ACT or College Board.
- We encourage students with a GPA below 2.8 to submit SAT/ACT scores to be considered as a piece of their application, but it is not required.
- We encourage students to submit SAT/ACT scores to be used for class placement.
- We do not require the writing portion of either the SAT/ACT.
- Our ACT code is 0496, and our SAT code is 4001.
Mail transcripts and SAT/ACT scores to:
Adams State University
Office of Admissions
208 Edgemont Blvd, Suite 2190
Alamosa CO 81101
Applicants will be notified if additional information is needed.
It is recommended that applicants have completed the Colorado Higher Education Admission Recommendations (HEAR) during high school to be prepared for college:
- Four years of English
- Four years of mathematics (Algebra I and higher)
- Three years of natural/physical science (including two units lab-based science)
- Three years of social science (including one unit of U.S. or world history)
- One year of foreign language
- Two years of academic electives
Start Your Application Here
For more information about Adams State University please visit their official website using the link provided below