Accounting Coordinator Job Opportunity At The Small Things
About The Company: The Small Things is the culmination of decades of dedication from a number of hardworking women. It all began with Martha Ayo (known as Mama Pendo, or Mama Love), who has been caring for orphaned children in the Nkoaranga community for over 30 years.
In 2010, Bekka Ross Russell founded The Small Things, to realize their shared vision of comprehensive, holistic support to keep families together and return children from care when possible, and family-style homes for children who cannot be reunified. Since 2015, Rehema Mussa has served as managing director, fulfilling our goal of having all programs managed and led by Tanzanian staff. Accounting Coordinator
The Small Things are looking for an extremely organized, experienced individual for this role, and will be able to offer a starting salary up to 1m TZS/month, based on experience. There is lots of room to grow into a higher-level position at higher pay, as well, for the right person. You will be supervising 1 Finance Officer and 1 Finance Intern for now.
- Maintain all program accounts and prepare monthly reports with the finance officer
- With finance officer, posting all transactions into Quick BooksCreate monthly projections to estimate cash needs
- Follows all procedures for cash approval and promptly report issues that ariseWork with the auditor to ensure ongoing compliance with the Finance Officer, the Child Welfare Manager and the Managing directorPromptly prepare the monthly budget and send to ED and MD
- Reconcile all financial transactions by the end of month
- Be responsible for the accounting policy and governance
- With the Child Welfare Manager and the Managing director, manage and prepare the staff payroll document
- Prepare and submit a detailed budget, including the tabulation of the accrued employee benefits and taxes, for each program.
- With the Managing director, organize the fiscal documents
- With the Board Treasurer, oversee the overall financial management, planning systems and control.
- File the SDL & PAYE Monthly Return & Semi Annual PAYE Return
- File Return of Estimates and Return of Income Each Year
- File NSSF, WCF, NIF Monthly Return and Adjustment if any.
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations statements each individual program budgets
- Lead the annual budget and the future planning annual budget meeting with the CEO
- Manage the cash flow and liquidity (especifically relating to operation policy)
- File SDL and payee, monthly return and semiannual return
- File return of income annually and return of estimate annually on TRA E – Filings.
- File NSSF, WCF,NHIF monthly return and file any adjustment
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations statement on each organizations bank account i.e USD & TZS
- Before spending the money, inform the Executive and Managing director of any upcoming, unexpected and unbudgeted expenditure and its effect on the balance.
- Accounting Coordinator Job Vacancy at The Small Things
- Conduct weekly meetings with the finance officer for review
- Attend weekly finance meetings with the Managing Director and the Child Welfare Manager for review
- Attend weekly management meetings and give update
- Attend board meeting (Tanzania)
- Attend, when requested, the finance, compliance and construction committees.
- Making sure the organization complies with all government regulations
- Create support toolkit for organizations setting up their financial services for the first time
How to apply
Email: [email protected] with your CV and cover letter, before June 18th.