Accountant New Job Vacancies At Swisscontact: Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to improve the employment and employability of youth and young women and mothers through skills development. In strengthening selected skills providers to provide accessibly, demand-driven, and market-oriented agri-training SET supported the Training providers (TPs) to develop innovative and demand-driven courses that have the potential to provide employment or self-employment to youth, young women and young mothers.
Accountant New Job Vacancies At Swisscontact
Swisscontact is currently looking for an Accountant to be based in Morogoro.
- Position Title: Accountant for Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET)
- Position Type: Full time
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Number of Positions: one
- Location: Morogoro, with occasional travel to other parts of Tanzanian
- Eligible Applicants: Tanzanian nationals
- Application Deadline: 18th July 2022
- Under the supervision of the Head of Business Administration, the accountant will be responsible to:
- work closely with all staff, suppliers, partners, and vendors with a focus on managingfinancial resources.
- support the team in recurrent financial activities in accordance with internal
- operational manuals and different guiding policies.
- More specifically the accountant will implement the following tasks, in close collaboration with the Business Administration team:
A) Financial Management
- Facilitate preparation of the yearly budget of operation and monthly cash advance requests
- Facilitate payments and review accountability for meetings and workshops, submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Provide financial support to other staff including reviewing travel budget, expense reports, and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
- Check and ensure that all payment vouchers meet the minimum audit requirement
- Conduct preparation of payment vouchers, and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Support preparation of staff payroll, and payments to outsider stakeholders who are rendering services to Swisscontact and government organizations.
- Monitor and reconcile balance accounts on a monthly basis and make sure any outstanding balance has a clear justification On a monthly basis provides program financial analysis and recommendations
- Work with the project staff to ensure programme activities are aligned with the approved budget.
- Guide and ensure compliance with relevant regulations such as from Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) board, country-specific and any other financial obligations such as tax returns and annual Financial Statements
- Provide training and support as needed to different stakeholders in areas related to finance and accounting.
- Maintain and archive all contracts including annexes for all assigned grants, both electronic and hard copy
- Support the Head of Business Administration with organizing audits on a half-yearly and yearly basis according to Head Office instructions.
Perform any other tasks requested by the direct supervisor and Project Manager.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- Minimum of a bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management;
- Accounting certification such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Experience building financial tracking and reporting systems including an understanding of accounting software
At least 3 years of related experience managing projects with an international NonGovernmental Organization.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Strong Microsoft office skills especially in excel and outlook.
- Excellent organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail, honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
Submission For Accountant New Job Vacancies At Swisscontact
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to [email protected] not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 18 July 2022.
The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TSH.
Please note that:
- Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview